New Member, need advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dr.no

First off, what a great site/forum. I have been toying with Electric RC's for a couple years, but this will be my first Nitro build.

Here is what i am planning to use, this is a just for fun build with no intent to race. Please give me any feedback if you have better ideas or see a problem

HPI Savage X SS 4.6 Kit
HPI Reversing kit
Futaba 3PM radio controller

HS-645MG for steering
HS-625MG for throttle
HS-625MG for reverse

hump pack battery pack (probably 1600mah)

So aside from the disposables (fuel, glow plugs ect) does anything look out of line?

I am still trying to figure out if i need a failsafe as i am pretty sure the controller i picked has one built in.

Any feedback is appreciated!

Looks like a good build! Some like those servos some hate them. I have no comment on them, I never had them! Unsure of the fail safe myself.
But since Ive just gone full circle and said nothing at all....
welcome33.gif
To the family!! ~Justin~

Looks like you will have a nice truck, should be a pretty good basher with all those parts.

I have the same radio, and it does have a built in fail safe, the green button the back side is the fail safe.. just apply the brakes and push the green button, the light flashes and your failsafe is active... if the green light isnt flashing then the failsafe isnt active....

oh yeah Welcome to the forum..........:resp:

Sounds like a good start to me! You may or may not find yourself shopping for a stronger steering servo in the future, depending on how hard you beat your Savage.

Other that, you're good to go...You'll be upgrading your truck in the future anyway...trust me, it's inevitable, especially if you hang out here for any length of time!

Oh, and WELCOME TO THE FORUM!

Welcome to the forum!

Don't forget about the exhaust deflector!! You'll just love it because it keeps almos all the nasty exaust goo off your truck :peace:

the jr st126mg is the same as the hitech 645mg, and i think its a few dollars cheaper.

as for anything else, id look at a pipe for it, unless it comes with the polished pipe, then your good.

i cant think of anything else, except you only need i servo for the throttle and brakes, they operate on the same linkage.

welcome to the site btw.

Thanks for all the replies. That top 10 post is awesome! I am planning to run most of the stock parts until i fail them the first time, then i will upgrade. Although according to the HPI site the SS version already has some of these improvements incorperated into it.

I have added the

OFNA thottle linkage mod and the steering bearing mod to my list as well.

Welcome to the forum. And you don't need no stinkin' reverse. :)

Have fun. The Savage is a beast!

Members online

Back