New Lid - 66 Mustang Drag Car

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg

I usually back these Translucent colors with Gold, but some testing showed that White made it come alive as Bright Lime as I wanted. After the white, I shot gold for the striping and covered the entire body. I fabricated the hood scoop and the rear spoiler and painted them with the Carbon fiber look. I wanted screw on body hold downs instead of the pins, but no one makes those either, so I made my own. I had a lot of Drag Racing Sponsor stickers, so I loaded it up and tried to make it look like a Super Street 10.90 second car. This project took a lot more time than I expected, but I am real happy with the way it turned out. I hope you enjoy the pictures. Just click on this Pic and you can see the other shots on Photobucket. It continues to rain here, so the color is not really correct. It is a very bright Lime and Pearl Gold. Thanks for looking. :artist::) Another shot

Last edited:
That's a HPI Sprint 2 Flux. It came with the Grey New Mustang body. I still haven't run it yet. Just got it out of the box recently and decided I wanted to do a Drag Car. I have a lot more different Mustang bodies, as well as Ford GT, 69 Camaro, Newer Corvette, 70 Challenger. I don't know what I'm going to paint next, but I'm thinking of doing something for a Fourth of july ride.

How did you make the hood scoop @Greg? Also is it functional in to the point where air comes into the body from the scoop too?

Thank you all. The scoop is functional, I cut the hood out just a little behind the front and almost even with both sides. :)

Latest posts

Members online

Back