New HPI Vorza Flux w/ Different ESC and Motor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cgwright

I recently ordered and received a new HPI Racing Vorza Flux from Towerhobbies, model number #101850. According to HPI’s website, this is the current model and is suppose to come with:
  • a HPI Racing Flux Tork 2200kv Brushless Motor
  • a HPI Racing ELC-6s ESC
My car actually came with:
  • a HPI Racing ELH-6s ESC
  • a HPI Racing MLH(?) Motor (the car is not in front of me, I could be wrong about this model number)
Disappointingly, I discovered this when I went to setup the ESC with my transmitter’s throttle, neutral and brake positions. The instructions in the Vorza manual didn’t work ("hold full throttle while turning on ESC", etc…).

Searching "ELH-6s" surprisingly returned nothing useful. However, my mastery of the Googles lead me to believe the ESC is a rebranded Hobbywing EzRun MAX8 ESC and the motor a Hobbywing EzRun 4274/4268.

Following the ESC instructions in the manual from Hobbywing’s site, which were similar to the steps for my son’s HPI Bullet, seemed to work. That allowed me to setup the ESC with my transmitter. However, I have a couple questions / problems:
  1. Even though I now know the steps required to setup the ESC in my car, I have NO reference guide to know what Options menu I’m in. The car appears to have 5 configurable options, while the Hobbywing manual for the ESC *I think* I have has 11 options. So, I don’t actually know which option is which. For instance, which option is the LiPo cutoff setting…
  2. This is my first RC car in 25 years, so I’m not in the know. The Googles tell me that HPI switching (back?) to Hobbywing instead of using rebranded Castle Creations electronics is a step down. Is this a unanimous opinion? Should I return my Vorza and attempt to obtain one with the Castle ESC and motor?
I think I may have read at some point that previous Vorza models used Hobbywing electronics. I could be wrong about this. However, if I am right, I believe the Hobbywing stuff in my car is not the older stuff. This is based off of finding HPI model numbers for the parts in my car; They are numerically higher than the Castle electronics that are suppose to come with a Vorza Model #101850.

It's easy to find out what esc you have,,, google MAX8, google mamba monster, click images. The 2 esc look nothing alike. The vorza never came with HW electronics, I had a first gen vorza, came with a flux/blur castle set up. The HW stuff is good, just need to get a HW program card. Post a pic of your esc, I can tell ya what esc you have

This post has been up for a while, but I thought I'd help. Recently bought a new vorsa flux as well. The parts it came with are correct. You were looking at the specs for the savage flux HP.

Members online

No members online now.
Back