NEW: HPI Trophy 1/8 RTR Buggy!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Larsenracing

Manufacturer
Any one seen this! I can't wait to see one.

hpitrophy3-5-1.jpg

HPI Racing have released the Trophy 3.5, the perfect way to get into nitro 1/8 scale buggy racing. It’s got everything you need for racing fun and bashing convenience, making it the perfect rallycross buggy for jumping right on the race track. It has a fully-featured racing chassis, rugged competition suspension, all-new racing tires, the powerful Nitro Star F3.5 engine and a reliable HPI radio system. Not only is this car ready for the track, it looks amazing too, with a sleek body shell painted with sweet racing graphics and awesome all-terrain rubber tires wrapped around slick black chrome wheels, the Trophy looks as great as it performs.

Complete Racing Suspension
The Trophy chassis uses a full racing suspension that can be adjusted and refined for any type of terrain, any type of driver. It's fully adjustable and equipped with turnbuckles, optional suspension mounts, ride height clips, multiple shock mount locations, camber link options, sway bars and more. You'll be knocking out fast laps times quick and easy!

Dual Disc Brakes
Bringing everything to a fast and controlled stop are a pair of vented steel disc brakes. You've got to control the power of the monster Nitro Star F3.5 engine, and separate front and rear disc brakes are perfect for controlling the car in the tight and twisty areas of the track. With independent adjustments you can set the car to brake harder on the front or rear, as well as adjust the overall 'bite' of the brakes.

Low Centre of Gravity
Supreme handling comes from many sources, but one of the most important is having an extremely low Centre of Gravity, or 'CG' as it's known in racing. A low CG means you can corner harder, going faster through the turns than the next guy. The CG of the Trophy 3.5 is as low as we could get it, making it fast and reactive when cornering, allowing you to cut to the inside and steal victory!

Awesome Looks
With many racers, it's not just about on-track performance, it's also about looking great in the pits, and the Trophy 3.5 is the best-looking buggy we've seen in ages. A sweet tribal flame job combines with eye-catching colours to make other racers turn their heads when the Trophy races past. Awesome 'Proto' racing tyres are wrapped about sleek 7-spoke black chrome wheels and secured with purple wheel nuts for a look just says performance.

topt.jpg

More pics and info http://www.hpieurope.com/kit-info.php?lang=en&partNo=10508

Last edited by a moderator:
The only problem I see with it is that they didn't out threaded shocks on it, why go cheap?

They also could have put a more powerful motor on it but the 3.5 should do alright beings it's a buggy and doesn't need so much power due to the narrow tires.

Hopefully they can stick a low price on it, because it looks like a beginners buggy.

Hmmm, looks pretty good...

All it needs is a trophy truck shell and I'm sold! (depending on price of course, lol)

It will be nice if it's a more competitive buggy than the Hellfire is a truggy. Don't get me wrong, I love all things HPI but it would be nice to have something a little more competition oriented :)

my first rc was a buggy and it ripped. excellent thread jason & i'm gonna keep my eyes open for 1

has anyone compared it to the hotbodies d8? exact same buggy with different wheels so I'm gona guess that hpi is marketing this buggy in europe as the trophy and north america is stuck with the d8

Last edited by a moderator:
any sightings on this in the US? I'm liking it

After looking at those pics...it is stolen/borrowed parts from the hot bodies buggy/truggy lightning line. The front bulk head support to the steering set up is directly off of my lsp and the same with the rear support/anti flex brace, the shocks look like the gold top lightning rtr buggy shocks. Now I wouldn't be surprised if it is the old lightning buggy rebaged or several key parts have been borrowed since the lightning buggys were so popular and the new line has come out (D8)...just my .02! I like it and it could be a cheap option for hpi lovers!

Latest posts

Members online

Back