New flux no reverse

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rowdyroller

Just pulled my brand spankin new savage flux HP out of the box last night only to find out that reverse won't work. Brakes work and red light comes on in the esc when I hit reverse but.... Nothing.
I did send a email to HPI but figured I'd still ask on here. I'll post updates when they get back to me. Couldn't find any info on here about this.

are you sure that you hitting brake twice? the esc has to "switch gears" so to speak.

if so, then you might have to recalibrate the esc. it should be in your manual.

I've seen this a few times. Usually people have to reprogram the ESC. The castle link is the easiest way to do this. Did you do the ESC setup before driving it the first time (page 13 of the manual)?

Rcnut14
I hit reverse multiple times. I messed with this thing for about 2 hours.

@X I did the esc setup. I actually read a manual for a change lol. It recognizes the remote no problem. Someone on Facebook said it might be on 'race mode' not sure what that is. Apparently on the track reverse is not allowed. Couldn't find anything in the manual about that though. It's just weird that it brakes but no reverse..

Ugh... Just talked to hobby services. They do the repairs for hpi on these things. Their solution is 'send in the esc' which could take 3-6 weeks whaaaaat?!?!?
Guy I talked to did exactly what I would do.... He read the manual lol. I definitely thought I'd get someone more knowledgeable on the phone especially since I was on hold for what they claim is a 'technician'

I'm thinking I'll wait till winter to do that and enjoy it in the meantime without reverse. Who knows by then I might have it figured out.
Thanks for all the replies.

I would just go on ebay and get the 25$ castle link card. if reverse is that important to you.

Yah I'm thinking so. I'll just have to find someone with a PC lol. Nothing but Macs round here.
Messing with a castle link wouldn't void the warranty right?
Just incase something's fried in the esc right now.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back