new engine

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4x4

my axial .32 has deformed as when i heated it up to get the bearings out it deformed the crankshaft and crankcase. so it is cheaper just to get a new engine.

any way! i need an engine that is power full (around 3hp) and strong enough to stand big amounts of bashing. at the moment i am not racing so i am not bothered about speed i just want raw power!!!but there is one draw back since i am 13 and on my second engine in a few months i am very short on money!! so were talking £150 ( $294.85) max and i mean max!!!!!!!

any help is welcomed
thanks 4x4

surefire.32

rbmodded sts.30

click the links ! you can find the surefire cheeper.. but if you have that kind of money to spend go for the rb modded sts

what temp did you cook the block of your axial at? how do you know that its warped

Last edited by a moderator:
we cooked it at 250 for 30mins. the bore reading fron the axial website was a bit off when i measured it and the cranks shaft had turned a real nasty colour. i also would need a new piston and conrod as ithe are scrached from when we were trying to get it out. and what do you think of these engines?

http://www.jespares.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=171_186_406&products_id=2524

http://www.jespares.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=171_186_406&products_id=2863

http://www.jespares.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=171_186_406&products_id=2203

thanks for the help
4x4

I have heard good things about the LRP Z.28R Spec.3 w/Pullstart.

you should give that a try

I'm gonna have to said go with the Axial .28. It's what I run, it seems you have some bad luck and I don't know why. If the mid range needle starts moving around just replace the o-ring. The surefire sounds like a really good engine too.

what was the problem with the bearings in the last engine? why did you cook it assembled?

did you thake any photos of the deformed parts?

what was the problem with the bearings in the last engine? why did you cook it assembled?

did you thake any photos of the deformed parts?

i know i shouldnt have trusted luner but he said it was good to change them as on axials the some times leak. and i did de assemble it iw was just i needed to get the frount beaking out so i left the crankshaft in. and i could get some pics but theres not much to see they look normal exept for the colour its just the measurements and the don't fit correctly.
thanks for the help i will take a look at the force. and what are the bad points of this engine and what are the good
thanks again
4x4

quite a few people run the force at our track.

it seems to be very easy to tune, bags of power, consistant.

the only thing is that every one of them running in our club has failed on 12-13 gallon mark. i think its the crank pin snapping and the piston therefore forcing its way through the crank case.

12 gallons is a life i would be happy with though

thanks for the link
what do you think of the picco .28? ive also emailed my lhs they said to go with the os 30 vg but in another thread they said they have a short life span and the conrod can break when you are breaking the engine in. is this true?
thanks again
4x4

Members online

No members online now.
Back