new body!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T.T.

I just purchased a new HPI Grave Robber body, let me say it is awesome. I want some help picking the color should I paint it HOT PINK or METALIC PURPLE and let me remind you I am a women!!

most of the guys on here will say otherwise, but I, for one, LOVE purple...most of my high-end paintball gear is purple, as is a good deal of my aluminum Savage parts and upgrades...my first attempt to paint a body was a dark purple with a Spaz-Stix chromatic spray over the top (rainbow spray/sparkle effect in the sunlight)...looks pretty kewl...

thanks for giving a opion other than clear when I decide I will post a picture.

thanks k0mod067 I am interested in your idea can you please PM me the paint details.

I would paint it Plum Crazy Purple, that is what I just painted mine. Purple rocks :evilrocker:

Use the color changing paint i have purple,orange and blue,i think they have purple,pink and red.good luck with it

Actually, a painted body with actual clear racing stripes would look pretty neat. Especially if you have some chrome under the lid.

thanks k0mod067 I am interested in your idea can you please PM me the paint details.

PM'd...have fun with it...it's really pretty easy...can't get much easier than rattle can spray paint...your local hobby shop should have, or be able to order the Spaz Stix Holographic paint I mentioned...also, make sure to add a final undercoat to seal everything once you're done painting...I just used black Krylon Fusion, although there are hobby-specific formulas for undercoats...dunno if they're any better or not :pnclsmilie:

dark colors like purple, a white sealing paint would be a better choice for an undercoat. purple would l00k cool or pink. wich ever you like better. be sure to post some pics when you finsh.

my savage x has a fair bit of purple on it(purple center skid plate, purple ribbed pipe,purple fuel line, and a nice little purple fuel filter!! lol i never liked purple before but the savage purple i like!!!

The body is painted!!!!!!!!!!

Here is the pictures of the finished product, I chose a color changing paint green,purple,teal, I backed it with chrome and then a metallic blue. There wasn't enough sun today to do the paint job any justice, it realy flips in the sun. I'll post more pictures later
Tsgraverobber020.jpg
Tsgraverobber018.jpg

Tsgraverobber017.jpg

Tsgraverobber016.jpg

Tsgraverobber014.jpg

Tsgraverobber013.jpg

Tsgraverobber007.jpg

Tsgraverobber006.jpg

paint job

That looks sick TT will you paint my next one?lol:Xfingers:

Awesome Paint... How did you make such a nice hole to expose the head ? (hole saw)?
Also are you running alloy shocks and stock shocks ?

Again nice paint T.T !

Awsome paint job TT and also like the head light and turn signels, that truck looks at home on that miror, VERY good job :resp:

Thank you SJ yes I used a 1 1/4 hole saw and u run it backwards,also yes I have 4 stock shocks and 4 msr6 integy shocks. I have a real big problem blowing shocks out LOL.

Thanks Trixter and yes I'll paint your next one LOL!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks TWINENGSAV. yeh the truck is at home on that mirror,I don't plan to run that body it's just for show. I also make those mirrors for display like that and sell them if anyone is interested. again thanks!!!!!!!!

I had that color changing paint on my heli, stupid me I took it off and changed the color,, Yeah I would be interested in one of those miror's what would you think you would charge Thanks

very nicely done T. :resp: better than my purple body...

never actually seen the grave robber body...I've been assuming that we were talking about a grave digger body (which I've never really been impressed with)...a very pleasant surprise when I saw that it wasn't another boring grave digger...

:FarleyParty:

I have three oval mirrors that I had made and had for sale at the last grave digger bash one says HPI racing and savage x another one says HPI racing and savage x ss and the third says HPI and savage x 4.6 big block I can let them go for $55.00 but I would have to check on the shipping to see the exact total. If you send me your zip I can take it to the ups store and find out. I can also make square or rectangle mirrors any size with what ever u want on them.

Thank you SJ yes I used a 1 1/4 hole saw and u run it backwards,also yes I have 4 stock shocks and 4 msr6 integy shocks. I have a real big problem blowing shocks out LOL.

Well we have something in common then .. I have shaft problems (lol) .. There not supposed to be a "U" shape are they ?:duh:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back