Neutral

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Speedster

Tonight i was running my savvy and in neutral the spur gear was still spinning. which is not right if i under stand correctly so i ajusted the throtle trim and i still couldn't get it. so i ajusted the idle needle a few times and repeated the process. And still didn't work. I don't think that this is really seriious but when i came off the throttle from high speed it would make a odd bogging sound. I am assuming that this was because the clutch was still engaged to the engine while it was coasting. causing high rpms. how can i fix it and is that sound a bad sign?
Thanks...

that "odd bogging sound" might mean your running it lean, not sure, thats how i fried my s-25, does your truck sit still without applying any breaks? if your looking at the back of the truck which way is it spinning?

not sure to late to try it tonight. But i know it isn't running to lean because there is plenty of smoke comming out at full throttle. And yes it will sit without applying the brakes.

in half? no it is metal isn't it? it isn't broken i just took a look at it

Are the two pieces you are talking about the large outer rim that is flat and the smaller inner part with the teeth, that contact the spur gear? Because if that is what your thinking it isn't broken. It is still togeather. Less the idle that bugs me it is more of the bogging sound for no apparent reason that consearns me. i will proubley be able to fix my trucks idle tomorrow.

well it only does that noise when it has been running for a while and i start coasting. is it normal? i am assuming not.

Never mind guy's i phoned the hobby store that i bought tyhe truck from and they told me that this sound is normal once the truck starts getting hot. when this happens he said i should just let it cool off a few minutes or not let it go top speed for like 5 minutes. The truck only starts making this sound if i have been running it for an hour or so and it has been going hard. It also makes this sound when it flips over. They said it should be fine and i bought a temp gun and will have it shipped here soon.

OHHHm, just about blwe the engine. i talked to a diffrent person today and they said that my truck was to to lean.that is why it was making a bogging sound. i richend it and it seemed to actually have more power. so that was the prob.

yep...a lean motor will make those higher pitched bogging type sounds....Glad you got it figured out.

That is what i did it was painfully anoying, but it is all tuned up now. thanks for all the support guy's.

Latest posts

Back