Needed all tips,info,upgrades,for my XL rebuild

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rebuild

I picked up a used XL 5.9 ,and I would like to make it as durable as I can , so I can out bash any one I bash with ,this is my first HPI truck and need tips . I'm in the middle of tearing her down and cleaning and looking over all parts and get ready for any up grades.

Thing's I picked up so far

Dubro Glo-Plug Washers (8) DUB894
HIP Clutch Bell 17T HPI77107
Hot Racing Savage X aluminum slipper clutch hup svx4008 for Double Disc slipper
HPI Damper Rubber 33X1.4mm Savage X HPI87243
HPI Differential Case Washer 0.7mm Hellfire HPI86099
HPI Spur Gear 49 Tooth 1M Savage X HPI77094
Integy Bulkhead Brace Savage XL INTT6924SILVER
HPI Big Bore Aluminum Shock Set Savage HPIA720

Thank you for your input

i fixed it for you rebuild and one thing i would is get rid of the double slipper for the single disc slipper and some flm tvps or jasons carbon ones if you have the coin.

i fixed it for you rebuild and one thing i would is get rid of the double slipper for the single disc slipper and some flm tvps or jasons carbon ones if you have the coin.

Thanks for fixing it for me , as for the slipper I was told the double slipper set up was better and I was thinking the plastic spur will save CB's ,so the single would be the better way to go ?

its less of a hassle and it last longer and theres nothing wrong with metal spurs just gotta have hd bells and perect mesh.

its less of a hassle and it last longer and theres nothing wrong with metal spurs just gotta have hd bells and perect mesh.

Thanks for the tip , I just use this one onto it get a good one , I was looking at the RR Gen 3 slipper 50T , I'll go cheak the one's you mentioned , thanks again

just get the hpi part for the single part slipper and use hpis metal spurs they come in the popular tooth count just use the hpi racing vented clutch bells with it and your good to go.

RPM A Arms, HPI's rollcage for the XL which comes with a LITTLE better fuel tank mounts, IF you are good at jumping (landing on your wheels) and do BIG air jumps then Alum Big bores with Hellfire Alum Caps.

today I was doing lube change in the rear diff , inner gears are ok ring gear is ok but the bevel gear had one tooth that was half gone , $65 for two HPI 102692 bulletproof differential diff bevel gear kit , any ony no a cheaper way to go
Thanks for your feed back

100_2029.jpg
[/IMG]
100_2031.jpg
[/IMG]

No problem. Just eBay the hellfire alum shock caps. Only part of my big bores I break

The flux does use the larger XL size cups. I bought mine on ebay also. buy the complete bulkhead/diff assembly and you also get the stronger composite bulkhead housings. Stock nitro savvy housings are nylon.
I did the complete conversion on my X's with no diff problems or broken bones since.

The flux does use the larger XL size cups. I bought mine on ebay also. buy the complete bulkhead/diff assembly and you also get the stronger composite bulkhead housings. Stock nitro savvy housings are nylon.
I did the complete conversion on my X's with no diff problems or broken bones since.

So your the dude that out bidded me LOL
I just ordered the new HPI savage XL bullet proof 29/9 the hole unit with bulkheads , braces , shock tower , I'm thinking that should be a good set up , Thanks alot for the info

Latest posts

Members online

Back