Need to know antenna length tf-3 27 hz receiver

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tibbar

My antenna got damaged and I need to repair it . What gauge wire and length does it need to be ? Can I solder a piece onto what's left or should I replace it from the reciever board ? Would rather just add the missing length as I have a cage on my truck .

My antenna got damaged and I need to repair it . What gauge wire and length does it need to be ? Can I solder a piece onto what's left or should I replace it from the reciever board ? Would rather just add the missing length as I have a cage on my truck .
Antenna wire looks like maybe 22-24 gauge , total length on my old RF-2 is 36" but only about 14" in antenna tube.
if you have a decent amount ( 1" or more left ) I would just solder new section on and cover with heat shrink. You know you can upgrade to say a Futaba 3PRKA System and at least triple you range for about $65 - $ 70 bucks. https://www.amazon.com/Futaba-3PRKA...?ie=UTF8&qid=1522889646&sr=8-1&keywords=3prka

Hope this helps20180404_174055.jpg

I think u need to research it more I'm not positive but I don't think u can it will mess with the frquency and it has to be the right length. I read a post on the net somewhere when I was having issues.

I actually ordered a 2.4 GHz radio with the throttle safety to stop a runaway incident which I was always worried about since I let my little boy also drive the truck .plus now I can use the 30/70 throttle steps to slow it down some when he uses it .

Latest posts

Members online

Back