need some quick help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

f1n3sse

I just got this used rc18mt came with an installed sidewinder micro esc and mamba 6800kv motor. I updated the firmware in castle link and followed the instructions exactly as stated in the manual to setup and arm the vehicle. Problem is when I grab forward throttle the truck goes in reverse and vice versa. I have a futaba radio and castle says that the throttle channel needs to be reversed which I did. To test, after I armed it I put the TH channel back to normal and it just acts all funny. Could there be a motor wire reversed? There are 3 wires coming off of the motor, all are black (haha) any suggestions?

Found my own answer. For anyone wondering you just have to switch any 2 of the motor leads to reverse it, or reverse the esc in the software

just saw this.

yeah, luckily the wires from the esc to motor don't have any polarity so you won't damage anything if you plug it incorrectly.

but i think its retarded that the mfr's don't color code the wires and tell you how to plug them in the manual.

sure is a bit strange. the 8000kv mamba I have has color coded wires with the esc. this 6800 just has 3 black wires.

Latest posts

Members online

Back