Need help with losi mach .26 engine

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lowking716

So I spent some bucks on a losi LST from a guy a city away from me its a great truck paid 200 but I'm having a problem with it starting, the piston is getting stuck at the top of the sleeve and I believe it broke the casing for the owb in the losi spin start plate so its slipping and not turning the crank especially with the sticking problem, if I loosen up the piston via the flywheel it'll only get to the top of the sleeve and doesn't have enough power/grip to turn it out of the pinch. So my questions are
1. Could someone direct me to the replacement part I've looked all over the web and don't believe I'm using the right terms to find it or is there some type of jimmy rigging I could do to get it started because I feel like the way its set up is kind of silly lots of parts but I'm a noob so what do I know.
2. And ive read up a little on the piston sticking some people say its normal but to me(again coming from a nooby) isn't healthy I checked to see if anything was shredded or dirt got in there and it looks pretty clean.

Thankyou both for the quick replys that is exactly what I need actually need both posted links now because the whole spin start assembly shattered and for only 20 bucks I feel stupid for not being able to find it really thank you guys (best rc forum)

Do you have the spin/pull-start or is it just a spin-start? A buddy of mine had one of the combo units and they were very fragile. He went through 4 or 5 of them and gave up trying to use the pull-start and just stuck with the e-start via the shaft.

Pinch is normal though, but the dynamite mach engines aren't known for a lot of it. If the OWB is slipping (one way bearing), it could be just gummed up if the vehicle sat for very long since it's last run, especially if it wasn't properly stored with ARO (after run oil). The oils in the fuel get pretty gummy once all the methanol evaporates.

Latest posts

Members online

Back