need help finding springs for aftermarket shock absorbers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clifffff

Does anyone know where I can find springs that are compatible with these aftermarket (vide Aliexpress) shock absorbers? I have measured the original shock springs and these are the dimensions:

Un-recoiled Length = 115mm
Inside Diameter = 20mm
Outside Diameter = 23.50

I managed to lose 2 springs last season and so far have not been able to find anything that could be a match...

Many thanks in advance!

Attachments

• 1shock.jpg
    1shock.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 3
  • 20230314_164123.jpg
    20230314_164123.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 3
  • 20230314_164133.jpg
    20230314_164133.jpg
    169.9 KB · Views: 3
Better off just buying another pair, then at least your have other spare parts if needed! 👍🏻
How did you lose the springs any how? 😳

Irish,

I hit a concrete stub and the right front arm got pretty violated, with the shock shaft snapping clean right above the rod end and the perch and the spring bailing out. I looked everywhere but only managed to find the perch. A few days later, I took out the spring from the left side of the truck and put it in my pocket and headed to the RC shop in town to see if they could supply a replacement. Well, they did sell me a 5mm shaft but didn't have anything that could replace the AWOL spring. When I got home I realized that I had also lost the spring which I had taken to the RC shop. Not my proudest moments, I must admit... (in my defence, RC shock damper springs are always sold in pairs...)

Jam 1, thanks for the link. Alas, the shipping charge alone is about €25. I saw that I can order two whole new shock dampers for €50 from China. I think I will just do that.

Maybe a dumb question here but this is for one corner of the truck correct? Or does this 1 “big bore” replace the original 2 per corner setup? Thanks
This is a pair. And you only need one in one corner. So two pairs are enough for one car.

This is a pair. And you only need one in one corner. So two pairs are enough for one car.
Ah ok, thanks. I know my truck right now has 8 so I had always wondered what the replacement/upgrade requirements were for these.. I have a few shocks which seem to be starting to weep, I’d like to just get some freshies.. amongst a whole slew of other “wants” when it comes to this thing.

IMG_2879.jpeg

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back