Need a little help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NightFlier X4.6

I just bought film ext lcg tvp's,servo plate,servo relocation mounts,motor plate and skid plate. Need a little help figuring out hpow you mount the steering servo plate. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Probably depends on what your going to do with the servo plate. Are you using it to put a different tank for a mid-tank mod or are you planning on mounting servos to it directly?

If your putting servos on it directly, then you just use the 2 cross members and bolt it in like the engine plate is, then mount your steering servo to it. Not sure how the t/b servo would connect to it, I think they are still intending on you relocating the t/b servo to be back by the engine like this:
flmtvp-linkage2.jpg

Or, if your doing the mid-tank mod, you use a couple of the small servo mounts to mount the servo upright on the chassis below where the plate mounts:
flm_servo-mounts4.jpg

flm_servo-mounts3.jpg

Then you can mount a tank over the servo, and use the unused space on the servo plate for the receiver and battery like this guy did:
flmdone-tank.jpg

Found these at another forum I peruse in a review/build page there:
http://www.beatyourtruck.com/prodreview-FLMtvps.html

I'm sorry didn't mention that I'm doing a flux conversion. So I planned on putting my lipos on top of the tvps and the steering servo under the servo plate mounted to the inside of the tvp.

Then you would do it like the mid-tank mod. The plate would just be there adding strength. Not sure the LiPo's are short enough to fit there though. Don't they usually strap onto the sides of the chassis?

Yes I'm trying not to cover up those beatify film tvps.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back