My XL and LRP adventure

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rusty Nail

I've a new LRP .30 SPEC 4 motor and it's on my Savage XL. I had some time today so I thought I would try and break in the motor since it's been waiting for about three months! Anyway after the first break in tank the engine died...no big deal, can be typical when breaking in a new motor. So I pull on the d@#n rope...like a good boy...and the DANG rope comes right off the handle!!!!!!!! I was PISSED!! I calmed down and said hell I'll just buy a new starter...BUT NOOOOOO...everywhere I look they are SOLD OUT!!! WTH...Does anyone k ow where I can get one?? I've looked everywhere I know to look. CRAZY!

Try to find a roto start back plate and gears and get a roto starter it's so sweat I had a pull start x ss it's a pain in the butt u can take the pull starter apart and rewind the rope kinda tricky but not bad

I have a new pull start assembly from an LRP .32 that you can have. It should be the same one as a .30 engine. Nadboo sent me a part a few weeks back that I needed and only asked that I help out someone else out on this forum. If you want it PM me your details and its yours. The reason I have one is because when I was running a LRP .32 I went through quite a few of them (and one way bearings). If you pre-heat your engine especially when so new it will reduce the stress on the pull cord by a lot.

I have a new pull start assembly from an LRP .32 that you can have. It should be the same one as a .30 engine. Nadboo sent me a part a few weeks back that I needed and only asked that I help out someone else out on this forum. If you want it PM me your details and its yours. The reason I have one is because when I was running a LRP .32 I went through quite a few of them (and one way bearings). If you pre-heat your engine especially when so new it will reduce the stress on the pull cord by a lot.

Thanks! I really appreciate that. I'll pm you the details. Thanks again !

Learn how to fix it. Pull starts break, but are generally reliable and allows you to feel what your engine is doing. Also means less crap to carry when your out bashing. I prefer pull start over electric. If a rig I get has electric/roto, I remove it for a pull-starter.

Here's a vid of one way to do it:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back