My TLT based crawler

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Curt

This is a project i've been working on since march last year, as it took me the guts of 12 months to get axels :eyecrazy:

Anyway heres the pics...

Started life as this....

And ended up like this...

dsc01950yi9.jpg

dsc01955rt0.jpg

dsc01953ot2.jpg

pcdsc01958vh0.jpg

pcdsc01959ko0.jpg

pcdsc01960wz6.jpg

pcdsc01961oh3.jpg

Truck bed in last pic isn't cut to size yet, another bit i've yet to finish.
Ive had to change wheel rims as the hpi ones are rubbish and kept running the hex's. I've changed to Tamiya King Blackfoot rears and they have shown no sign of running. Yet!

awesome job curt....Go post this on RCCrawler.com, they'd fall in love with that chasis and body....It's a great site for Crawlers and such. Good folks....I was working on a Clod based Tuber, but got screwed by a guy named Tom Knight from RC Monster Xtreme(very bad reputation), trust me, stay away.....Show us some outdoor action!

unlucky, i'll hopefully get some outdoor pics soon, but only if the weather picks up a bit, its -1 here today :(

nope, wish i did. i got my cousin to do it as he works as a welder for a living, means the job got done right

you've done a good job on that!good pics too!
4x4

I mearly designed how i wanted it to look and put it together, my cousin should realy be getting the compliments.

and i wouldn't say my pics are good as my camera sucks! but all is not lost, i've a new 12mgpx on the way :D

Oh and if you think mine good here's his, its a custom made cralwer, theres not one part of this truck that he hasent made, chassis wise anyway.

Its based on a Tamiya Bruiser, but he made the chassis, links, tranny himself. The tranny is made of 3mm think alloy and cut clutchbells! the chassis is made out of 10mm steal channel adn the links out of 4mm threaded bar with 5mm alloy pipe over them to make them look better and a bit tougher and its powered by a 550 sized cordless motor drill with a boat esc and 40mghz hitec radio

this thing weighs a ton but its so solid its unreal, it takes 40ft rock falls in its stride

img0008xk9.jpg

img0001sl3.jpg

img0012ee0.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

Back