MY Savvy General Update

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jammer

Hey All,

Some of you know that at the start I didn't have much luck with my Savvy. Every time (and I mean every time) I took it out something major went wrong. Stuff like both my diffs collapsing to the carb ejecting itself from the engine to wheels coming off and loosing the pins to my electrics going nuts ...

Anyway, the last couple of times I've been out now all has been really well. The engine (NS .21BB) has about a gallon through it now and is really starting to be properly broken in and doing its thing. It regularly getting into 2nd gear when you'd expect it too now as opposed to just bogging and changing back to 1st and the speeds are starting to really pick up. If this is what a 3.5cc NS is like a 4.6 must be crazy!!! Using a car park near my home I only see 2nd for a short burst before I run out of road!!!

The only problems I had with it today was one of the tie rod links on the new IRC rear mount worked a bit loose and the new HiTec steering servo horn worked a bit loose as well, both fixed in minutes and back on the road again. Till my hump pack ran out of power ... so I went to the LHS after and bought another 1400ma one so I've got two now ... get in!!!

Anyway, I've got a few questions so I'm gonna pop off to the relevant places and post them ...

Also wanted to say a great thanks to all that have pipped up and thrown suggestions and help my way. This forum has been a great source of that and entertaining as well.

THANKS ALL!

Last edited by a moderator:
36_14_7.gif

I've just got back from another session today.

Before I went out I swapped the SF2 for the SF1 ... man what a difference, I actually have brakes now!!

I was even getting wheelies out of the .21BB today as well! all good ...

... then just as I was starting it for the last tank of the day ... I totalled my pullstart. The cord came all the way out but wouldn't pull back in.

Any ideas on what the problem might be and parts to fix it?

The recoil spring is probably broken right at the very end. I used to have three pullstarters and when they would break I would put a new one on. When all three were broken I would sit down and fix all of them at once. It takes much patience to fix a pullstarter !!! My advice is buy a new one and take the old one apart to see what you getting into. Do not take the new one apart !!!

That makes a ****load of sense blazer ... they're only like £15 after all ...

however!! i'm wondering if a rotostart might be a good plan? if I got a roto start for the NS 3.5 .21BB would I be able to move it to another engine in the future? I guess that depends on the engine I go for (probably LRP)

hmm ...

Latest posts

Members online

Back