My Savage now has a brother!!!!!!!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

x_SavageBeast_x

So after a missed opportunity to buy a killer hooked up XL from my LHS i wont go into details on it b/c I'm still steamed at the fact that i didnt buy it when i had to chance....I had some extra loot burning a hole in my pocket so i went a Bought the Team Losi LST XXL...and all i have to say is WOW!!!!!!! For a RTR to perform like this out of the box is incredible...Top speeds close to 50 out of the box...the fastest i got it so far is 46 with a still overly rich tune!!! Its a little pricey compared to the Savage XL but its worth it alone for the Spektrum Radio that comes with it...so i sold the Futaba 3PM that i bought to my buddy and made some money back on that...The XL and the XXL are pretty much the same size as you can see in the pics, but thats about it...the performance is similar with the edge going to the Losi, but the savage beats it in terms of durability and stability so far, the Losi will roll easily if not careful when hammering the throttle...So now with something i can bash around I'm gonna turn my attention to building my XL up to the Beast status that i know it can achieve...i toasted the front Clutch bell bearing and lost a clutch shoe so i have it apart to work on that, so I'm going with a different gear setup, to see what kind of speeds i can get, ill drop in a spektrum reciever and get rid of the AM one for better monitoring and control...this will be the last time i take the motor out for repairs, b/c after that i talk to kershaw designs and go BRUSHLESS!!!
Heres some pics to give yous a perspective on how they compare!!!!

IMG_0108.jpg

IMG_0109.jpg

IMG_0110.jpg

IMG_0112.jpg

Thats actually the basement but its all good. The shots on the bench are to the right in most of the pics, its separate from the finished part...I have a similar setup in the garage, with a fold down bench.

mann...looks too complicated for my taste.......and i had an aftershock. but...glad to see your new ride. i saw an xxl run at the easter egg bash at diigers.....and on track.... i really wasn't too impressed with the performance for the price of the darn thing....and it was driven by a guy that regularly races.

mann...looks too complicated for my taste.......and i had an aftershock. but...glad to see your new ride. i saw an xxl run at the easter egg bash at diigers.....and on track.... i really wasn't too impressed with the performance for the price of the darn thing....and it was driven by a guy that regularly races.

I don't know man, 46 MPH is pretty impressive for an oversized 1/8th scale monster truck, out of the box, my savage is not that fast, my buddy has a Aftershock, with a Ofna pipe and that truck hauls

Looks sweet, How does that 454 perform?

I always have liked Losi Products.

So far tons of power, lots of low end torque, and it revs high, if this truck had a 3rd speed forget about it, you can hear the engine has more in it, when its at top speed, its a pretty impressive motor...Losi makes a great product imo, two of my friends have them, and another guy i just met has a Losi buggy, ive always like losi products as well...

looks like a great truck. it looks like a decent/simple design. i like the tank & servo set up on it.

keep us posted on the durability when you get into some bashing :resp:

looks like a great truck. it looks like a decent/simple design. i like the tank & servo set up on it.

keep us posted on the durability when you get into some bashing :resp:

no doubt!:jamout:

Members online

No members online now.
Back