1. Ask questions. Share your HPI Savage knowledge. Register TODAY!

Welcome to HPISavageForum, a friendly forum to discuss the Savage RC Truck.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
  • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
  • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting.
  • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My RJ Speed legend

Discussion in 'Other RC's' started by Wilson, Aug 7, 2017.

1. Wilson

Wilson Well-Known Member

After going to a local hobby shop a while back I found out that these cars are pretty popular to race around here so I decided to pick one up.

They are raced on a carpet oval track and what makes the legends class different from other types of racing is you have to hold them to a certain spec. You have to have a certain motor, gearing, battery, ect.

The opening race is not till October so I still have some time to tinker with it but it should be fun to try out I think.

Anyone else into legends on here?

IMG_20170806_171028976.jpg IMG_20170805_152948705.jpg IMG_20170805_153000674.jpg

2. Jam Racing 1

Jam Racing 1 NPTB Monitor, Master of the known universe.... HPISF Staff

Ya that platform has been around for years , many years ago Bolink used to offer a Digger, same thing as what you have there had a bug or a 40 type ford shell for them, I think I still have one in one of my many RC totes.... RJ Speed worked for Bolink back many years ago and has ressurected the chassis for racing.... should be alot of fun as long as everyone follows the spec......

3. Wilson

Wilson Well-Known Member

I had a feeling you would chime in jam, seems you have been around the block once or twice with RC's lol.

They are so simple and cheap, if the racing don't pan out I may just throw some small rubber tires on it and just zip around on the concrete. Parts seem to be plentiful too.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. NightFlier X4.6

NightFlier X4.6 Well-Known Member

Ive heard and seen these before my older brother and a family friend used to race them on a carpet oval as well. Samething back then they was held to a set spec there so cool.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted