My RJ Speed legend

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wilson

After going to a local hobby shop a while back I found out that these cars are pretty popular to race around here so I decided to pick one up.

They are raced on a carpet oval track and what makes the legends class different from other types of racing is you have to hold them to a certain spec. You have to have a certain motor, gearing, battery, ect.

The opening race is not till October so I still have some time to tinker with it but it should be fun to try out I think.

Anyone else into legends on here?

IMG_20170806_171028976.jpg IMG_20170805_152948705.jpg IMG_20170805_153000674.jpg

Ya that platform has been around for years , many years ago Bolink used to offer a Digger, same thing as what you have there had a bug or a 40 type ford shell for them, I think I still have one in one of my many RC totes.... RJ Speed worked for Bolink back many years ago and has ressurected the chassis for racing.... should be alot of fun as long as everyone follows the spec......

I had a feeling you would chime in jam, seems you have been around the block once or twice with RC's lol.

They are so simple and cheap, if the racing don't pan out I may just throw some small rubber tires on it and just zip around on the concrete. Parts seem to be plentiful too.

Ive heard and seen these before my older brother and a family friend used to race them on a carpet oval as well. Samething back then they was held to a set spec there so cool.

That's about a hour forty five minutes away from me. I have heard of that place before though.

There is a big indoor rc track opening up in a town near Wheeling WV I plan on racing it all. There is going to be carpet off-road, road course, and oval track there.

That's about a hour forty five minutes away from me. I have heard of that place before though.

There is a big indoor rc track opening up in a town near Wheeling WV I plan on racing it all. There is going to be carpet off-road, road course, and oval track there.
Big Dog is a cool place, reminds me of the old school hobby shops. They have a cool twist, with the indoor carpet oval, indoor off road clay & out door off road clay track. I've been meaning to get down there and run my nitro stuff on their out door track but, I haven't yet. I took my daughter down this winter around Christmas to watch their indoor off road point race, witch was way cool. There were guys from all over racing. I'm thinking quite a few of them were off to Hershey for the next big race? Oh, there is also a new place that just opened up in Oil City that is oval carpet only at least for now. R/C seems to be coming back? Big Dog is about an hour south of me.

I have trouble finding people around me that have nitros anymore, and even people that just bash around. Seems most people around here either race or do crawling. Crawling has really taken off the last couple of years.

I am looking forward to the new track opening up, hopefully it brings more people to the hobby.

Latest posts

Members online

Back