my racing/bashing body that i built today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rcnut14

I give bad advice
so, u all remember my gmc body I did awhile ago. well, it look too nice to mount a camera to, or race with( it's also a little tall for racing). so, I built myself a new body.

I started out with 2 old bodys. my dad's original 25 body, and my old x 4.6 body... so, lets get started.

first, I cleaned and cut up the bodys.... . next, I assembled them... . now for the almost finished product.... on the savage.... and for fun, I wanted to see what it would look like on the raptor( although it's for the savage)

now, keep in mind that I'm not done. I have some black body paint from my wheels, and I have more zipp-tying to do( I ran out). I also am going to round out some stuff(such as the wing)

Oh yes He DiD thoooooooo. I love the cheapness and how awesome it looks !!!!! Great idea lol

Hey Nut, Think about this, Instead of the ties, get some shoo goo and some Drywall tape (you know, the kind that is fiber and sticky) Use the drywall tape to put your pieces together, instead of the ties and cover it all with shoo goo. (thin layer should do it. Fill all the holes with shoo goo, sand it smooth when dry and then paint on the outside. Then whatever else you add, you can stick it to the main body with the tape and shoo goo. That stuff sticks like you wouldn't believe and it will really hold your body together. That shoo goo really stinks, so I would suggest you do it outside. I mean it REALLY smells strong!

good idea. I realized I used too big of zip ties anyway.

when u say "cover it all" do u mean the whole body?

good idea. I realized I used too big of zip ties anyway.

when u say "cover it all" do u mean the whole body?

No just overlaps by 1/2 inch or so, any places the body is put together should be coated and put a bit of weight on them to assure a decent bond between the 2 pieces you are mating together...

I have been using shoo goo for years and it is strong light and works well for mending cracks and places where the body is thin and weak......

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back