My ongoing XS build thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sphinx2984

I am going to start a thread and update with my build as I break and put new parts in my Savage XS.

After several bashing sessions my esc fan kept shorting out and leaving the battery on all the time and my motor kept over heating. I did a lot of research and decided to get the Mamba Max Pro and a 3800kv Castle Creations motor. Boy does this setup pack a punch! I went out for a 25 minute run on my 8000mah 2s pack and had a blast with it. It ran cool, never stuttered, and responded well.

20170224_181054.jpg

Being the smart guy that I am, I decided to put in a 3s pack and do about 6 standing backflips in a row. Boy that was fun to watch, until the last flip when I had no front wheel drive and the steering wasn't very responsive. Turns out I stripped my axles, snapped a driveshaft to the left wheel and jammed it into the servo arm, and bent the one to the right wheel.

20170301_001532.jpg

I ordered replacement driveshafts and axles and replaced them when they came in. Once I got driving again for a good 10 minutes or so, I noticed a loud clacking sound every time I hit the throttle. I proceeded to tear into my truck one more time only to find several axles and diff cups had excessive wear in the slots. This caused the drivshafts to rattle around during throttle and cause the clacking sound. I ordered all hd cups and axles and replaced them.

20170312_173413.jpg

20170312_173506.jpg

20170311_072245.jpg

She has been running great after the replaced parts except one small thing....THE BODY WON'T STAY TOGETHER! Guess I need a new idea for a more durable body for bashing lol.

20170315_180348.jpg

Last edited:
I posted from my phone in a hurry last night but I have some videos too. Ill probably edit them and put them together sometime.

Latest posts

Members online

Back