My FLM reg length midtank w/rev.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grumpy1822

Savage Owner
Shimmed the cen box up a little and trimmed the flm plate. Left the box intact.
339.jpg

335.jpg

41536.jpg

Picture009.jpg

Picture010.jpg

113.jpg

Nice Job bud, do you have some part numbers and some explanations on why you did some thing certain ways, just in case others wonder why and so if they want to copy some ideas from ya.

Last edited by a moderator:
Parts I used
FLM 45110 plate had to be notched around tranny
FLM45800 servo mounts.
Mugen prospec tank e0815 with posts
CEN radio box not sure what model just went on ebay
The front box is a hpia349
ERN147 ernst charging jack
HPI308 Batt indicator

First I had to notch the servo plate around the transmission. I also had to shim the back of the box up some to make it fit.

I cut the holes for the indicator and charge jack with a razor. I also trimmed the front left corner some to clear the shock tower.

I had to cut the servo plate brace in the front to allow full movement of the steering servo saver. Some people just switch sides, but I wanted to keep reverse.

The linkage is set that way because I didnt have enough room to go under the throttle pivot like most with ext tvps do. The handle is in the way with reg length tvps. I did make a 45 deg slot in the linkage slider piece and cut a spacer on a 45 to keep things moving smoothly. The brake linkage works flawlessly on that angle.

Last edited by a moderator:
WOW .. somehow I missed this build/thread !!!

AWESOME is all I can say Plus rep !
also rated the thread !

the book Hey Grump, killer truck & build, very impressive. i am scrolling through the mid tank threads right now bcuz i am 3/4 done with my mid tank & wanted to see how people hooked up their brake linkage. your thread answered that question for me so i wanted to thank you for that. i do have a couple questions after taking a good look at your build:
1. what is the 3rd servo connected too? the one under the truck that isn't hooked up to the steering?
2. i see that you lowered the brake arm that comes out of the tranny to make the linkage & you said that it works good at that angle. does it brake as hard as it did before you lowered it?

To answer #1 for you, he has reverse installed in his truck and to active it from forward to reverse and vice versa it uses a servo and that is the servo he uses.

is the FLM TVP's the lower CG?? I'm looking at the Reg length, lower CG and was wondering if body holes will still match up, thinkin they will, but just wanna check. Thanks!!

P.S.
Nice truck, I'm hoping to get My Savage up there this winter.

Looks like an HPI Rush battery box. There is two I think that will fit in that spot. You can get eithr box plus the mount for cheap at Platinum RC.

Okay, Also FLM's website seems to be down, is that the case? It is Fastlanemachine.com, correct?

that is their website, but I think they changed domains. I have found them at fastlanemachinerc.com as well.

Latest posts

Members online

Back