My first painted body

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daytona952

I did my first body this weekend and I was really surprised at how good it came out. First I masked off the body except for the roll bar, fenders and bumpers then spray painted them black. Next came the Gomango orange which was translucent so I backed it with metallic silver. After the paint was dry I removed the window mask and used spray tint on the windows, applied the decals and I was very happy with the results. Here are some pics.

jeep4.jpg

jeep3.jpg

jeep6.jpg

jeep5.jpg

jeep1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The Jeep was my first lid too. I consider that a hobby itself.

You did a great job. Looks terrific.

As already asked, what paint and color did you use?

The Jeep was my first lid too. I consider that a hobby itself.

You did a great job. Looks terrific.

As already asked, what paint and color did you use?

Sorry. The color is called Gomango, Dodge used it on their Daytona Ram's and Daytona Chargers,

I'm guessing he has rpm revolvers with chevron tires correct me if I'm wrong on that and i I'm digging the paint

Do you plan to bash with that body? Let us know how well the mixed holds up.

WOW buddy thats sick. Thats my fav color. I wish we could fine something like that in a pactra spray paint or whatever other brands for Lexan bodys. Great job on the lid.

Do you plan to bash with that body? Let us know how well the mixed holds up.

Not sure if I will bash this body right away. I do hope the paint will hold up. It was mixed for plastic with a flex agent added. I also gave the body a light scuff with 3M cleaner/scuff pad.

great paint job my friend especially concidering it was your first one!! looks awsome buddy!!

Latest posts

Members online

Back