My eBay purchase!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iceash

Hi everyone,

Just received my SS part assembled.
IMG_0296.JPG IMG_0042.PNG

Anyone know what this spring lever is for by the fuel tank? On the inside of the chassis it has a flat spade with 2 slots cut into it.

As for the rest of it I've pretty much sus'd. Needs a new bell gear all teeth stripped and the slipper clutch needs rebuilding. Everything else seems good.

Tips and suggestions all welcome as very new to this eeeek!

That is HPI's engine stop, it works pretty good also....

First off welcome to the forum. And second if you send us little better pics of the engine we can better let you know what engine you have. Dose it have the steering and throttle servo? Also great find!

IMG_0524.JPG

So here she is, fitted a new pull start, gaskets for the exhaust and just need to replace the front and rear bumpers.

Started tuning at the weekend, did struggle with the tuning. I think I was getting it there as the front wheels have started to left off the ground by an inch or so them blam! Straight into a metal pole breaking one of the shocks ☹️

One thing I did notice wasn't changing gear. Is that down to the tuning of the engine or the transmission not setup correctly?

When will HPI Sort out parts supply's?

IMG_0536.JPG IMG_0530.JPG

Here's some, need to take some better one's once up n running.

Attachments

• IMG_0532.JPG
    IMG_0532.JPG
    283 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0540.JPG
    IMG_0540.JPG
    265.5 KB · Views: 3
One thing I did notice wasn't changing gear. Is that down to the tuning of the engine or the transmission not setup correctly?

Could be both. I would reset both the transmission and engine back to factory specs. Then tune the engine for power, then go after the shifting in the transmission.

OEM i don't think theres any hop up besides aluminum but as you found out the had way it sucks. With plastics it can at least take a hit flex alittle and be fine.

Latest posts

Members online

Back