My Brushless Muggy Build..

Thread starter #1
Messages
32
Likes
0
This started off as a trade a few months back and I was not too sure whether or not to keep it. Selling off some of the $$ nitro stuff funded the e conversion for it. The original thread can be found here and has all the details from when i got it to hence forth and will for the most part will be updated periodically.

Sat on this truggy for a while till could get some funds to e convert it, and seeing how r/c funds are limited know that I'm in college, i wanted to spend minimal amounts of cash on it. Luckily i scored bunch of great deal and manage to not have to spend more than 50 bucks myyself!

I got a sweet deal on a MMM and a 2100kv Losi ex...bah... motor. Currenty geared 15/46 (to start).

Waiting for my rc-monster motor mount before I can get the motor in.


In the mean time i've custom fabbed up a battery holder and my esc mount/tray along with locating the receiver. I could have spent the money on a tray and a mount but i prefer to make it myself as thats where the fun in this hobby is. I think it turned out pretty damn good, considering i used a drillpress, hacksaw, belt sander and a few other small shop tools.



I also spliced another 3" of wire onto the motor leads, and the 2100kv was too short, so know i have the length i needed.

Let me know what you guys think!
 
Thread starter #5
Messages
32
Likes
0
The Mmm will do the breaking but i still have the mechanical breaks if beed be.
 
Thread starter #6
Messages
32
Likes
0
Well todays progress. Got the basement cleaned up and made room for my kits, and snowboard to sit on the shelf. I think it turned out pretty good..



The mount


And all finished up.

 
Thread starter #8
Messages
32
Likes
0
Well I'm not sure about up in Renfrew, but my MMM/5s lipos don't like the snow.. And tomorrow I leave for Montreal.
 
Thread starter #9
Messages
32
Likes
0
Well gave her a run today. The stock arm and shock towers didnt take well to -4.. So replaced the arm and epoxied the towers to the body posts. They will hold for know, but new towers are on order.
 
Thread starter #10
Messages
32
Likes
0
More updates
Got a little work done on the truck today.. Got new diff braces and my foams for my torn badland ones.. So a rather simple idea of tearing down the front end to replace the L&R braces turned into a chrome plated, carbon fiber lay down servo mount.. not sure if you can tell, but the diff braces, diff plate, and bell crank brace are all chrome plated.. Done with krylon chrome paint, dries fast!







All cleaned up and ready to go. I opted to use some epoxy steal and glued my old braces together, instead of using the new ones i just bought. I packed tons of epoxy into the plastic so it should stiffen things up some. If not, i have NIP part.


Any ways, todays work. Let me know what you think.

Got my badland mounted too, finally. Pretty happy with them


They are the 3.8 bead mounted on the inner bead of rulux half ups. They are worn but still have tons of bite!









Had to bore out some wheel hexs to the 8mm stubs that the muggy had, Came out alright my rulux 17mm half ups with badlands on inner bead mounted up to them.
 
Thread starter #12
Messages
32
Likes
0
Thanks man i try. I take pride in this hobby and like to get creative, its hard to reproduce whats in your head to acutality. I think the servo turned out well enough. Nothing wrong with the stocker it was just to cluttered for me.
 
Thread starter #14
Messages
32
Likes
0
Well ran it today, put about 11 minutes on the LiPo, it was in storage mode and didnt not have all the power. Conditions were soggy and cold, -4 but it was wet outside, slide around a lot but the taped badlands did well, they didnt balloon at all! Here are some pictures, deciding whether or not i should post the video of the run..



ugh, it was clean..






the camera,



how it got dirty, I'm not sure..
 
Top