Must Have Hop-Ups

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

-SaVaGe X-

I just got a Savage X and I would like to buy some hop-ups but I don't have tons of money to spend so what are the Must Have hop-ups that i should get? and i will be buying them over time instead of all at once so if you don't mind please put them in order from most important to least. thanx

-SaVaGe X-

The right tires for your terrain. maybe get a nice exhaust. Nothing is really must have, it's more of a must want.

There is one must have, common sense it needs to be applied to all aspects of rc's, some have learned the hard way.

The right tires for your terrain. maybe get a nice exhaust. Nothing is really must have, it's more of a must want.

Yea almost true. But a Fail safe in my book is a must have. Unless you like the game of OMG there goes a lot of money doing WOT at 40mph and I'm not driven and it's going god knows where...:duh: lmao
but other than that Fx is rite its more of a must want.....:FarleyParty:

the stock tyre is the best for all round bashing on most terrains.

other tyres are only needed for specific terrains

One of my first upgrades was a stronger brake/throttle servo. I had more fun driving my X when it stopped properly.

IMHO, you should get a fail safe before you do anything. If not, you may just have it run away and hit goodness knows what.

I will say that the only tire that I like better than stock so far for multi purpose applications is the stock Revo tire. I've been really happy with it for both bashing and at the local track. I don't know that it's the "best" for either application, but it works well for both. The only thing I have against the stock tire is that it's got such a tall sidewall that it really tends to break the bead off the rim easier than one with a really short sidewall, such as the stock Revo tire.

Depending on where you live and what you have around where you're going to run your truck, you may want to seriously consider getting a Spektrum radio set (or any other DSM radio set for that matter). If you don't really get any interference, you won't have to worry about it. However, if you are getting a lot of interference from outside influences, you really should think about DSM.

Other than the fail safe, I don't really think you "need" to do anything right away. After that, personally I would just replace things as they break, unless the interference thing becomes a problem, etc.

thx guys i will look into getting a fail safe and see if i get any interference from other sources and if i do i will also look into getting a DSM radio of some sort.

Latest posts

Members online

Back