MT2 to Short Course Conversion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

orcusomega

As a few of you know, I have been snapping up MT2's when I can get them for a cheap price, and converting them to brushless and have made a few interesting versions as well (brushless MT, a buggy version using the diffs from an RS4 3 Evo, etc).

I recently picked up a kit from CKRC (http://www.ckrccrawlers.com/ckrc-mt2sc-slash-4x4-killer-hpi-mt2-conversion-p-2450.html) and thought that some folks would benefit from a write-up. Why? Because I like the MT2, parts are a dime a dozen, rollers are cheap, and this kit looks like a lot of fun :)

So I will be putting up pics as soon as I start, prolly tonight or tomorrow. Let me know if you have any questions :)

Bob

Sounds good! if you want cheap mt2 i got mt fitted w/ mostley mt2 stuff. Never use it! PM me if you want a pic.

Sounds good! if you want cheap mt2 i got mt fitted w/ mostley mt2 stuff. Never use it! PM me if you want a pic.

ALWAYS lookin for more MT2's!!!!

I was ####ed at how it performed at the NLRC race, until I tore it down last night... (this is the one that the sacrificial lamb in the Freestyle event). In the last race it ran it was only one wheel drive, and since Alex and I were running things I didn't have the time to check it out... Well, the one tire came unglued from the rim, and in the rear I stripped the wheel hex - not on the rim but the actual hex - so it is all back together and happy :)

I have a prototype brushless motor mount setup out at the CNC shop (version 3 - sheeesh) then I can get moving on a few other ideas I have in the pipeline :)

Bob

looks sweet i am keeping my eyes on this thread

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back