MT truck track ??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chaos-in-Mt

RC Monster Truck racing??
OK I lost at the first races at my personal track to end the summer.
This sucks. Granted we are all backyard racers but this sucked."Fargen Revo"
Winters in Montana are long so I have some time to plan.
As it is my track, tractor, mountain it is on and it is supposed to be monster truck racing. What can I "ethically and somewhat staying within the lines of RC monster Tuck racing" do to give me and my fellow Savage brothers an edge?
I killed the little things on the up hills (I have an XL) smoked them over the big jump but was getting my but whooped on the off camber turns usually the one at the bottom of the long down hill straight away.
I plan on some serious work on my truck (much is already done but that is another story)but this thread is about making my track as Savage friendly as possible.
The track is on a hillside at present due to availability of water and electricity but can be relocated somewhere flatter if advantageous to Savages (meadow down by the spring maybe).
Any help to to me and my savage brothers will be appreciated as we are out numbered.

Chaos

WOULD YOU HAVE ANY PICS OF THE TRACK? That may help everyone to give suggestions on it!! Theres quite a few members that attend races and big RC events so they would know about track surfaces and stuff.. "just a suggestion"

It is currently under 3 or 4 feet of snow. I could get you a shot with the ski runs in the background and you could see the mounding that the big jumps lie under but I drought if that would help much. You ever been to Montana this time of year??
I have all the room I want to devote to a track A city block or more if I want. I can build anything as I have 35 horse 4X4 tractor with front end loader box blade and so on. It is not about what I have currently have although this would be convenient its about what I can do a track better sated for a savage.
You know like adding berms to any tight Corner's to offset the advantage a smaller truck would have.
Or may be adding a gnarly woopedy do section. Remember I own my own equipment and have no space limitations.
15 foot high jumps? what do I care??
Watter crossing?? this would be fun!
Mud hole??
Track rules would consist of # of laps and no cutting the track end of story (My track).
Chaos

a very rutted area will be a plus for a bigger truck. as the smaller ones would get caught in the ruts. most traxxas products are waterproof so water and mud wouldnt hurt them.

Ruts not a problem.
I'm thinking I can smash the Little ones into the berms if I make them to my advantage or at least force them into a line I can run them over on.
This would be OK under track rules.(my track)

Chaos

Somehow my buddies with Revows got the Ideal that Monster truck racing would be something like stadium truck racing.
Not at my place, no smooth track and I will run you down and over if possible.
To my Savage Buddy's MT racing is a full and almost constant contact sport.
To a Revo driver I'm hopeing for full and constant fear.
All in fun of course and with a sense of Fair play necessary to play fully within the rules stated earlier.
I'm not looking to cheat after all, it is my game and my rules :)

Chaos

Perhaps long sweeping turns to allow the xl to turn, and a long strighteb away to hit 3rd gear and pass up the revos. Put a nice double out there the revs will have to slow but the xl can take the abuse just add a wing the xl flies alot better. Step up your steering servo so you can turn better. And practice your track and you can beat um

Slugo will be equipped with a wing just ordered a kit to mount one from blue Groove that will work with a Tekno Revo wing mount. The truck will be ready I don't want to let to much out as my Savage buddies will be on to me.

Chaos

Perhaps long sweeping turns to allow the xl to turn, and a long strighteb away to hit 3rd gear and pass up the revos. Put a nice double out there the revs will have to slow but the xl can take the abuse just add a wing the xl flies alot better. Step up your steering servo so you can turn better. And practice your track and you can beat um

Looking at a Hobbico CS-170 (as I am currently a 133oz Futaba)and am over powering it. I have the Bering upgrade,stronger spring, shaved and clearenced steering parts and have a HPI sway bar already.(Big bores on the way)
Thanks for your input and motivation.

Chaos

Latest posts

Members online

Back