Mounted an OFNA 19076 Tank.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scameron78

The bracket is actually a strike plate for a cam lock used in millwork. Seemed to workout pretty well.

Attachments

• IMG_1908.JPG
    IMG_1908.JPG
    223.4 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1911.JPG
    IMG_1911.JPG
    237.6 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_1912.JPG
    IMG_1912.JPG
    245.4 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_1913.JPG
    IMG_1913.JPG
    285.8 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_1914.JPG
    IMG_1914.JPG
    251.9 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1915.JPG
    IMG_1915.JPG
    211.1 KB · Views: 15
I have this same tank on my mid tank savage and its unuseable. For some reason on mine as soon as you put fuel in the tank it comes pouring out the fuel line and immediately floods the engine. Never seen anything like it before. Post up when you get it running and let me know how it works for you, maybe I just got as bad tank

Nice to have the extra room on the extended chassis. I had to shoehorn mine on my X. I like your mounts though. The plastic bits allow for some give.2016-0711-SavageX-OFNA19076Tank-Combined.jpg

I still have my New Era tank mount. It was a platform bolted to the TVP that had stand-offs in the right position for that tank. If I remember when I get home I'll take a picture. It's no longer on the truck though.

Thanks. Does the tank work pretty well?
Yeah, it gets the tank out of the way so I'm not whacking my knuckles on it when pulling the starter. Also seems to help the mythical HTL issue with the stock tank... or at least my complete ineptitude at tuning.

I used to run the older OFNA 30280 tank, but my last one had the spring get too weak to do it's job keeping the lid shut, and leaked fuel all over, which in turn also leaked air into the system causing tuning headaches.
2012-1014-SavageX-OFNA30280Tank.jpg

It was shorter end to end and taller than the 19076 tank I'm using now. So had to rethink the mounting of it.

I was using that exact same older OFNA tank. Left fuel in it and it sat for many years. Purchased a new motor so thought I’d replace the tank with a new one.

I've had quite a few of that tank. Used to run them in my t-maxx's as well as I kept busting the legs off the stock tanks in those. OFNA closed shop a few years back, so finding the tanks has been a bit of a chore. As it is, I only use one now.

Older post, I know but I used to run one of those tanks on my XL. I liked it for the most part. I especially liked the clunk style filter. If it flipped over, the filter would fall to the bottom (top) of the tank and would keep running long enough for me to get to it. The biggest drawback was the limited size of the tank. Made for a lot of refueling.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back