motor break in

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zep71

some times its hard to get an answer i was reading how to break in a new motor. and it was saying get it to 190 to 200 F for 2 or 3 minutes shut it down piston bdc when it cools down repeat i just put a new Dynamite .28 in my savage 25 and i want to break it in the right way. but it seems like their are more then one way to do it. what is the best?

i have been trying to tune this motor for awhile now. its seems like it still idles high and i have tried to set the idle. after is get warm if you run it mid throttle then punch it it takes a second to get the RPMs up to full throttle speed. and it smokes more then i think it should. this it idling on the stand.

Could be your LSN is too lean which means you go from "idle" to "stall" when you try adjusting the idle screw.

How long does it run at idle when you pinch the fuel line? It should run 3-5 seconds and the RPM's go up a bit then stall. If it dies immediately low end is too lean, if it doesn't effect the engine for a 6+ seconds, it's too rich. If the engine revs up and dies all within a 4-6 second range, you're close on getting a rough tune for bottom end.

Could be your LSN is too lean which means you go from "idle" to "stall" when you try adjusting the idle screw.

How long does it run at idle when you pinch the fuel line? It should run 3-5 seconds and the RPM's go up a bit then stall. If it dies immediately low end is too lean, if it doesn't effect the engine for a 6+ seconds, it's too rich. If the engine revs up and dies all within a 4-6 second range, you're close on getting a rough tune for bottom end.
next chance i get i will test that thank you for info

sounds like you can turn your idle screw down a bit and slow down them wheels. you said"if you run it mid throttle then punch it it takes a second to get the RPMS up to full throttle speed." this is from your LSN being to rich. it should have a quick response when you hit the throttle. once you get it running right with the HSN, then you can come and set the LSN. while you are adjusting LSN your idle will all need tuning.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back