monster gt 8.0

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crash

Monster MGT 8.0 RTR

Key Features
Team Associated 8.0cc (.50ci) engine for insane power
The 2-speed automatic transmission with reverse has improved durability to handle the massive power
MGT 8.0 body and bumpers
Super heavy-duty 4-shoe aluminum clutch
Large 22mm metal wheel drive hexes
Reinforced engine mounting plate
Specially designed high grip off-road Team Associated tires
Heavy-duty roll bar for better protection
Improved carburetor design makes tuning easier and holds tune longer
New heavy-duty brake disc and pad
Wheelie bar with integrated roller makes pulling off the ultimate wheelie easy
Pro-Start, engine starting system, Glow Igniter and Fuel Bottle included!
XP3D FM Computerized Digital Radio included!
Overview
Based on the original MGT design, with the addition of an AE 8.0cc engine, the MGT 8.0 is Team Associated’s most powerful truck to date! Reinforced to handle the massive power the 8.0cc engine delivers, the MGT 8.0 comes factory assembled with the all new XP3D FM Computerized Digital Radio, the Pro-Start engine starting system, a 2-speed automatic transmission with reverse, eight coil-over oil filled shocks, full precision ball bearings, specially designed Team Associated all-terrain tires, and a painted body.

i hate to sound biased but i think my savage x has more bottom end power its hard to keep the front end down in 1st gear at any speed of cours its hard for me to tell from a video it does come with a nice radio and is only 500.00 canadian savage x ss kit is 385.00 lets face it 4x4 nitro power= fun

I am curious on this one too. I have a bud asking me about them at my site but I couldn't find many reviews on them. I did find one really negative so I suggested a Savage to him but he owns a MGT now so I think hes more comfortable with those. Has anyone seen other reviews on these?
Dave

i haven't seen a review yet but i talked to the guy at the lhs he has sold one and not seen the guy since not sure if thats good or bad its been 2 months they are supposed to be easy to work on.

Team Associated always has nice vehicles. I searched the world over for a solid review from a notable magazine or online magazine source and have not found one for the MGT 8.0
Seen a few for the MGT 3.0 though, and it has excellant reviews. For me the Savage will be my only MT. But if I did go another route it would be the MGT 8.0 due to it being from Team Associated.

One thing I have read on youtube comments is that its a fuel hog. Ten minute run time at the most.

Last edited by a moderator:
anyone seen the 2008 revo? they look awsome!! aparently they totally overhauled the revo so its even more race inspired!!

Wow for that I could get a truggy from Team Losi,or another manufacturer with better reputation of not falling apart after running over an ant :hardlaugh:

my fingers hurt so much after posting that lol. but it does look like a nice race ready truck

but it does look like a nice race ready truck

Yeah I give it that. I will admit that Traxxas does make some sexy looking vehicles. If they only could increase durability just a little bit more, I think they would be top dog. Their Rustler VXL Brushless is an amazingly fast truck, but its like its made of toothpicks. Same with their TMaxx, Emaxx, Jato, and Revo..They are awesome machines, just cant take any punishment what so ever. And the punishment does not necessarily reflect bashing either, I seen videos of their vehicles in a normal run across a yard, hit a lump in the grass, roll 4 or 5 times and the wheels break off. :dunno:

Latest posts

Members online

Back