mods

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

curious

r there any mods that i should do or look into nothing too hard as i don't have anything but a dremel
any parts i need to get right away?
any parts that i should get spares?

i like having atleast 2 back up shocks, axle carriers, c hubs and for nitro a pull start. people will probly recommend A-arms but ive never broke one

i would get the model with the 2.4G Transmitter & Receiver if you don't already have one.

other than that, just save up for a good charger and packs then run the truck, replace what breaks and make upgrades to change or improve the feel of the truck to your liking.

ya and don't forget U will need MONEY $$$$$ to keep one running thru the learning period also. keep ur wallet handy and the card paid up :lmao:

i like having atleast 2 back up shocks, axle carriers, c hubs and for nitro a pull start. people will probly recommend A-arms but ive never broke one

what problems do u have with the shocks? y keep 2 spares? 4 axle carriers and c hubs hows rpm?
i saw or read something about rpm arms not fitting well is that true?

o well ill eventually just use my traxxas and its only 30$ 4 a receiver and if i cant get 1 I'm sure my mini-t wouldnt mind donating its guts for a younger stronger generation

hm maybe ill run in parallel till i get the money to fix broken parts
is 8800 mah 80c alot , will it go any fast?

in terms of how much amp will be delivered over a given period of time, yes its alot. these #'s don't directly answer your question on speed.

2s and 3s

the savage flux runs 2 packs in series and the voltage is a deciding factor in how many rpm the motor will turn. here is a simple formula:

kV x V = rpm

Lets consider the stock flux hp motor on 4s & 6s packs

4s (or 2 x 2s LiPo packs)

2200kV x 14.8 = 32, 560 rpm

and 6s (or 2 x 3s packs)

2200kV x 22.2v = 48,840 rpm

so, to answer your question on speed, it would go about as fast as a modded nitro engine on 4s and would be insane as all hell on 6s.

now, you want a minimum of 100 Continuous Amps to run the flux. Considering the packs that you mentioned (8000 Mah , 80c) which id question that 80c, but lets use it to calculate continuous Amp.

(8000 Mah) 8A x 80 C (discharge rate) = 640A but, id wonder if 8A packs would fit in the battery boxes (my 6.5A don't) and even if that 80A has any truth to it, I'm sure its burst and not continuous. do you have a link to them?

now, you want a minimum of 100 Continuous Amps to run the flux. Considering the packs that you mentioned (8000 Mah , 80c) which id question that 80c, but lets use it to calculate continuous Amp.

(8000 Mah) 8A x 80 C (discharge rate) = 640A but, id wonder if 8A packs would fit in the battery boxes (my 6.5A don't) and even if that 80A has any truth to it, I'm sure its burst and not continuous. do you have a link to them?

They are 4 2200mah,20c packs inparallel

Last edited by a moderator:
They are 4 2200mah,20c packs inparallel

are we talking about a stock flux here or something that youre going to build up with parallel packs?

you need to get reading threads on here curious. i think you mean 4 cells in series which would equal 4s (physically 2 packs). if you ran 4 packs in series, where would you put them and you would only have 7.4 v with about 3 hours of run time.

are we talking about a stock flux here or something that youre going to build up with parallel packs?

you need to get reading threads on here curious. i think you mean 4 cells in series which would equal 4s (physically 2 packs). if you ran 4 packs in series, where would you put them and you would only have 7.4 v with about 3 hours of run time.

stock. no. I'm thinking of getting 4 packs and all in parallel or put them in pairs and put each pair in parallel to get 2 2s 4400mah,40c and then put them into series to get one 4s 4400mah, 40c battery pack. each pack is 100long x34tall x17wide mm and from what i have dug up 2 should fit in each box.

what do u think of custom sheet metal battery boxes and mounts? i think its a decent idea? can i cut some with a dremel?
and thank you very much 4 all the help youve given me i am a newb
hope I'm using it the right haha i read that thread!!!

i say you buy 2 good packs and run them in the truck the way the mfr intended it to save yourself a bunch of headaches and money.

and now that i know your plan, you can't get 8000 Mach 80 c using 4000mah 40c packs.

you can get 8000mah 40c running in parallel (although idk why you'd want to) but you cant change the discharge rating, it is what it is.

Latest posts

Members online

Back