Mod my flux or get another rig?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WhatTheFlux

Sups again guys! looking for some advice. I have a budget of roughly 700$ and I'm bouncing back and forth between modding my flux to the max. Flux needs a new tx/rx and servo BAD (v1 of the flux) or buying another truck completely. my picks so far have been between the Cen Colossus, Proline MT 4x4 and Outcast. What do you guys think?

Can you go with all of the above? Those are all tempting choices, I'm a little biased towards the Outcast because I bought a Kraton back in June and it's a total beast on 6s:

Attachments

• kraton1.jpg
    kraton1.jpg
    183.8 KB · Views: 2
  • kraton2.jpg
    kraton2.jpg
    195.1 KB · Views: 2
My favorite option atm is the Tekno MT410... I want one so bad lol

Well, the proline MT is 1/10, smaller scale. Keep that in mind. Like comparing the stampede to the t-maxx. Also, it has pillow ball suspension which can be a nuisance with the balls ripping through them on rough landings.

The CEN is big, but a fairly proven rig with plenty of ebay parts support.

The Arrma outcast appears to be relatively low to the ground for a MT. But is a far more simplistic machine to work on vs the CEN and is also 1/8th scale which runs a larger motor and capable of supporting 6S. However, pillow ball in the front as well and the front arms look somewhat fragile. Maybe Arrma plastic is soft and flexible, I've never had one.

The Tekno MT410 is also 1/10th, but looks like a fairly well built rig.

I can say, having a brushless revo, savage flux HP (non-XL length) and a traxxas stampede 4x4 vxl that the revo and savage get through places that the stampede can't due to it's size. Also, the motor/esc/drivetrain and suspension aren't nearly as stout on the 1/10th rig.

That's not to say the stampede isn't fun, it is. I run all 3 about the same amount. In fact, I run the stampede more than the revo or savage as I tend to always take it out with the revo or the savage when I go out, but I rarely take both the savage and revo out at the same time. Too annoying to carry down 3 flights of stairs. The savage and stampede or revo and stampede fit ok in my hauler bag, but the revo and savage don't fit well together.

Last edited:
Yeah I’ve been actually looking through all the pros and cons of all the kits. The MT410 is actually the same size as the outcast even tho it’s rated as a 1/10th scale. Right now between the Cen and tekno, I don’t really want a proline mt until they work out the design flaws with the steering. I own a pede 4x4 and love it.

Mt 410 is above all the rest. Great driving and a fun to build. Have a couple of outcast thinking of selling after getting the mt410.

Latest posts

Members online

Back