mixing shock oil

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hpinitromt

i think i know the answer to this already but,..can you mix different weight oil to make a thicker weight? like, can i mix 30wt and 40 wt to get 70 wt??

There should be no problem mixing them but make sure they are the same type of oil if you are running one that is silicone and one that is dyno don't mix them or it will just bubble and turn to a white milky substance (Nasty). my sigguestion is to just go to the LHS and pick some.

Also, when mixing 30 and 40 you will not get 70, depending on the amount you put in you will get something between 30-40.

Meaning when you mix mountian dew and Dr. Peper you don't get Cherry Coke you get Dr. Dew, LOL.

Just by the 70wt in a silicone oil. Where do you want 70wt shock oil anyway that will more than likely be way to much. The stock savage shocks run lik e30-35 wt. and my sigguestion is 25 for these. Now if its LST shocks or whatever you can go up more to something like 45 wt or whatever. 70 is very very stiff, just my .02.

I am no expert here, but in the 1:1 world, you shouldn't really mix oils. They will not homogenize. The lighter oil will float on top of the heavier.

Might not hurt anything, but you might get strange results.

yea i kno but the lhs is is an hour away and i wanted it right now, i like to 60 in my lightning stadium because i just use it for bashing and big air
i was just using the 70wt as an example, i don't want to drive to the lhs an hour away in my big v8 f-150 and burn gas for a $5.00 btl of oil
i usually wait until i need a bunch of stuff

I am no expert here, but in the 1:1 world, you shouldn't really mix oils. They will not homogenize. The lighter oil will float on top of the heavier.

Might not hurt anything, but you might get strange results.

WOOT! Progressive rate shocks!

:Xfingers:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back