Mixing Nitro?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pman9003

I have some Traxxas 20% (maybe 6 ounces) and i was wondering if its ok to mix it with some HPI 20% (whole gallon)??

different type and percentage of oil is the problem. You should never mix fuel really even two of the same type and brand. You never know what the quality control is like. They could differ by a good amount.

i wouldnt if i were u!! i read a article a while back that said mixing nitro fuels can actually cause the oil to break down as different brands of fuel use different oils and additives!!

pman i have done the exact same thing i had about a gallon of traxxas 20% and trinity 20%i mixed then togethor tank by tank and it was fine. the oil wont change snice its 20% both of them

I agree with SJ. I too was told not to mix diferent brands and %'s of fuel together. Even if it's the same brand, don'd mix it. The only one that I would mix together (same % only), would be byron fuels. Only cuz I've heard they are extremely strict when it comes to making their fuel.

Correct Byron does a great job of making fuels. I to agree with SJ on this one. You problem doesnt lie in the %'s it lies in the type of oil they are using.

Latest posts

Members online

Back