Mini Savage XS Flux

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darnoc

Hi all,

Thanks to thise who said "hello" in the new members area!

The XS has just turned up, cameras not working, damm it!

So first run and thoughts.....

Good bits:
Servo seems fine, only run on gravel and grass but no complaints!
Yes it cart wheels well.......
Damm this things silly fast even on 2S lipos, back end trying to overtake the front some thing cronick!!!

Bad bits:
Needs better tyres for gravel/grass sod all grip.
Stutters quiet a lot when starting, maybe it's just as it's new and needs breaking in I don't know.....

Well pack charged up again 3000mah of 2S fun here we go, ROUND 2!!!

:rock1:

All my electrics stutter if slowly squeezing the trigger. If you have a nice radio you can usually trim that out. We need vids tho! =p

Well run 3 this morning on tarmac, see what everyone means about the servo...
Metal on egoing in the afternoon.
While I'm stripping it, I'm putting my other 2.4 rec in it, I prefer sticks to wheel!!
O and the spot lights at the front look to pop out, might throw in some LED's just for fun.
In the mean time, I'm sat staring at the extra back of plastic bits it came with, why another 8 hex hubs..........

Well good fun yesterday.
Metal geared servo in.
2.4 3 channel "sticks" rec fitted.
Put in the LED's in the bumper, rears are hanging for now......
Fingers crossed 6000mah battery turns up today, it would be nice to bash for more than 10 mins!!!!

Later peeps!!!

Well 6000mah turned up today, changed the plugs.
Very, very tight fit had to squeeze it a bit in as the battery has heat sinks on it, still need to make some more changes.

Went out for a run, Flips onto it's back on gravel and wheelies on wet grass......

10 mins later down to FWD, rear diff seems ok, rear drive shaft spins ok, looks to be centre diff gearbox related........

Looks like I'll be stripping it down today.
O and the biggest problems is the stuttering is even worse now I've changed rec and trans, no matter what I do it stutter badly!!!!!!

HELP!!!!

Bigcon76

the stuttering could be the esc isnt programed with the right starting power with the battery configuration.

i have read that sensorless brushless motors will cog at low speeds. i have no real expieriance with them so i can only offer up what i have read. simple solution just punch it lol

on the grub screw issue all i can say is its definately a savage lol. the full size savages have been doing that since the 21 lol

mickey if you correct the starting power punch it will fix those cogs like i said you need to correct it with what battery you have by programming it again

Hi all,

I don't get this cogging stuttering issue at all.
I've run it with 3000 LiPo and the new 6000 LiPo and get the same, inc two sets of rec and tranys!

Staring can be stutters, nothing or full power.

Even when I've got going the car stutters all the way, even at full throttle, it's like it's got traction control......

Logic would say to re-program the ESC, however I don't have a card, then again surely form new and as advertised it's designed to run on Lipos from the box??

Anyway, as I had to fix the trans yesterday, I took the time to strip the whole thing and have a look.

Not used to this TVP, 7 screws to get a servo out, 13 to change a pinion, 9 to plug something into the rec....

I feel the need to dig out a hacksaw and drill and find a sheet of alloy...... ;-)

Latest posts

Members online

Back