MikeK1981's 5T

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeK1981

ChondroManiac
So I finally got around to getting some pics up of the the 5T. Mods include Proline Trenchers on split six wheels, Killer Bee V1 remote Kill Switch, DDM Black Magic 5000mah battery, Futaba 3PM 2.4Ghz, Killer RC suspension limiting 'Killer Kables', DDM V2 Rear Dominator in chrome, Modified RC V2 rear bumper (long version), full compliment of Outerwears prefilters, TGN Redneck air filter, Phatdad inclined velocity stack, Hitec HS-5755MG steering servo and HS-7955TG throttle/brake servo, custom 1/2" aluminum quick release tubes for the rear of the roll cage, and Woodster Wide body in solid black lexan. Looks sorta like it was leaning to one side in the pics but it's just sitting on an incline lol.

IMG_1397.jpg

IMG_1398.jpg

IMG_1399.jpg

IMG_1400.jpg

IMG_1401.jpg

IMG_1402.jpg

IMG_1403.jpg

IMG_1404.jpg

IMG_1405.jpg

IMG_1406.jpg

IMG_1407.jpg

IMG_1408.jpg

IMG_1409.jpg

Gonna try to find a chevy logo for the tail gate, and I may lose the stickers after I get my custom orange vinyl stickers made.

that truck looks good.....hope to see vids

Thanks guys. I tried to go for all the reliability mods first. Things to make it safer, easier to clean up and maintain, and get rid of the common things that fail like the stock electronics.

Yeah the angled velocity stack makes it SO much easier to get the filter on and off. I have been messing with suspension settings also to just to see the difference. I'm running the truck a little lower overall, especially in the front. Made a difference in the looks department also. Doesn't have such a jacked up look anymore, makes it a bit more scale looking IMO. I want to get some vids but I'm usually out by myself.

Got it dirty today. Got a vid too but photobucket is taking forever to upload it. Took it to another spot after the vid was shot and started doing some jumps but before I got any vids of that I snapped the the diff side pin on the passenger side dogbone. Looks like it's time to upgrade! I've got a ton of stuff in my wishlist at DDM. Want to do the TR quick diff, with the TR case saver, Darksoul Gen 3 dogbones, Darksoul Toobz to strengthen the stock drive cups, and Hostile Racing axle boots. Kinda wanted to do it all at once while I had it apart, but I want the TR eclosed clutch setup and HD tranny plate too lol! If I can get my hands on a stock dogbone, I may wait until xmas to see if I get any of the upgrades then. Then put an order in for whatever I don't get and upgrade the whole drive system at once.

IMG_1624.jpg

IMG_1625.jpg

IMG_1626.jpg

IMG_1627.jpg

IMG_1628.jpg

IMG_1629.jpg

Yeah i wasnt too surprised the way I've been running this thing lol! Man this has taken an absolute beating! Everybody always talks about 1/5 scale stuff breaking more beacause of the weight but i haven't noticed a difference. This is the first thing I have physically broken and I've bashed this thing hard over jumps and very rough terrain. I've actually been waiting to lose either tha stock bones or the pinion bolt again (the common weak points). I bought it with a broken pinion so I uprgaded that to a 12.9 grade bolt and haven't had a problem since, even with the stock plastic carrier. When I lost drive today I was hoping thats all it was cause I have spares for that but since there is no longer a LHS around here I can't just run out and pick up another bone.

looks good mike, i like the down and dirty pics. I'm gonna have a bunch of the parts your looking for shortly, if you would like to buy used, and save some money. just thought id throw it out there.

Ok, let me know what your putting up for sale. Got a short vid here, I'll try to get a good one next time I'm out at the dunes.

wow thats the way a baja should be! always dirty haha. And man, i gotta tell you. Its not dirty enough haha.

Yeah well like I said I got cut short with a broken dogbone, otherwise it would have been dirtier lol! So I went nuts with the DDM black friday sale! This is what I ordered. Could not pass up the deals, figured if I was gonna do it, now was the time, instead of doing it a piece at a time. Saved a ton of money this way. Next I'll be building a new diff with the TR case saver set and a full set of HPI HD gears. After that it'll be pretty much done, then it's time to start saving for a full mod motor!

tr664 Team Chase Rear Shock Uprights for HPI Baja 5B/5T/5SC
gt321 Turtle Racing "Quick Diff" Transmission - ORANGE
gt257 Turtle Racing One Piece Brake Mount - Orange
gt274 17T pinion for TR clutches
gt267 TR Clutch System ORANGE
ee132 NGK CMR7H Spark Plug
tr951 Turtle Billet HD Top Plate for 5T/5SC ORANGE
tr941 Turtle Tower/Mount 5T Combo ORANGE
tr975 Turtle HD Shock Mount ORANGE V2
tt142 Team FastEddy Axle/Transmission Grease
tt159 TFE Dogbone Boot Install Multi-Tool
tt156 Hostile Racing Black Axle Boots for HPI Baja 5B/5T
tr655 DarkSoul Gen 3 Dogbones w/ New Pin Design
tr465 DarkSoul TOOBZ (4 piece set) with Install Tool
gt251 Turtle Billet HD Tranny ORANGE
gt316 FullForce RC Billet Gear Cover Pins -
ca180 RC Piston Stopper - SILVER
gt327-O Turtle Racing Transmission Cap Slug - Orange Spiked

Got the black friday order pretty much done. Have to wait for new diff cup bearings and then I'll be able to throw it all back together. This was my order...

tr664 Team Chase Rear Shock Uprights for HPI Baja 5B/5T/5SC
gt321 Turtle Racing "Quick Diff" Transmission - ORANGE
gt257 Turtle Racing One Piece Brake Mount - Orange
gt274 17T pinion for TR clutches
gt267 TR Clutch System ORANGE
ee132 NGK CMR7H Spark Plug
tr951 Turtle Billet HD Top Plate for 5T/5SC ORANGE
tr941 Turtle Tower/Mount 5T Combo ORANGE
tr975 Turtle HD Shock Mount ORANGE V2
tt142 Team FastEddy Axle/Transmission Grease
tt159 TFE Dogbone Boot Install Multi-Tool
tt156 Hostile Racing Black Axle Boots for HPI Baja 5B/5T
tr655 DarkSoul Gen 3 Dogbones w/ New Pin Design
tr465 DarkSoul TOOBZ (4 piece set) with Install Tool
gt251 Turtle Billet HD Tranny Plate ORANGE
gt316 FullForce RC Billet Gear Cover Pins -
ca180 RC Piston Stopper - SILVER
gt327-O Turtle Racing Transmission Cap Slug - Orange Spiked

IMG_1644.jpg

IMG_1643.jpg

IMG_1642.jpg

IMG_1641.jpg

IMG_1640.jpg

IMG_1639.jpg

IMG_1638.jpg

IMG_1637.jpg

IMG_1636.jpg

IMG_1635.jpg

IMG_1634.jpg

IMG_1633.jpg

Thanks man. I hate waiting on small things like bearings but once I get them I'll be up and running again. Should have thought ahead and ordered them with everything else. I wish I had somewhere local to get basic stuff like that. The nearest hobby stores to me now, are either 3 hours east, or 4 hours south.

Finally got the truck running. Had to trim teh Holstile boots and sand the dogbone pins to get rid of some binding. Took it oput to the dunes and it's running good but I stripped my stock spur and my clutch shoes are shot, got new ones on the way. When I get them in there I'll try to get some vid at the dunes.

Nice looking mods...got a few ideas from you thanks.

Latest posts

Members online

Back