MegaTech Tempest Gladiator

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jam Racing 1

HPISF Supporter
This is an old truck I rescued from a buddy of mine, it was dirty, tires flatspotted from years of sitting around collecting dust, it is a 4wd chassis setup with alloy bottom plate and upper deck in alloy too...
I took it into my fleet and did a complete teardown and restore, cleaning as I went and thinking on what to actually do to it, it has a .16 SH engine that was actually pretty clean inside and just needed a good cleaning and reassembly...
I got an HPI 1/10 shell for it and some traxxas wheels with Losi tires on them for all corners...
Most times the little engine doesnt seem to run real reliably so a new one is in the works for it...
on to some of the pics I have ...

as it was when I got it home....

Body off shot of the truck

in first stages of teardown

Insides of one of the diffs

inside the back of the engine, and you can also see the broken engine mount I found while taking it apart

Clutch assembly

Front and rear gearbox assemblies ready for the chassis plate

Engine cleaned and reassembled along with the new engine mounts I used from my parts bin of stuff...

2 Speed center diff all rebuilt and cleaned and on the chassis

New Body and wheels and tires for the truck

Wheels and tires mocked up before getting glued down

New HPI F350 shell i picked up for it....

Masked and ready for some colors

After all the colors are on it.....

Right now it is getting some new tires and wheels for it... I got these online and they are quite a bit bigger than the other set I have, but I think they will be much better in the long run

So there ya have another of the trucks i have rescued and brought back to life...

What is that. It looks like losi. Just a wild guess, I never had one. So what is it?

Says what it is right in the title, is very similar to a duratrax overdrive st in fact they both share many parts , Megatech is a company like HPI, an Importer of many RC type things, they have not had the success that some other companies have had, but they are still around.....

Last edited:
Not sure, I have not got it to run reliably as yet.... when I do I will let ya know, but on the runs I have done it works well and seems durable enough so far....

Jam I have the same identical chassis on one of my 1/10 on road cars is your chassis stamped p190 at all.
Over in oz they were branded as GV great vigor models and came with a force 12 or 15 engine.
Looks like it cleaned up real nice.

Ya I know that GV which is called XTM over here also had a hand in this little chassis setup.
My chassis is stamped p240 on it tho...Seems alot of companies got in on this design from china...

Iv had mine for about 10+ years started out as single speed rwd and over time converted to 2 speed 4wd now running a os crv 15 it brings back good memory's

Latest posts

Members online

Back