Marine TOW Unit tribute body

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vintage tone

Hey guys a quick sneak peek at the body.
My cat ruined the 1st one while it was drying ( finished of course ... ) he jumped onto the window, to the inside of the body and shazam ...
Anyways ... S...T happens so ..
I started again from the scratch < Sigh >
Photos really don t do it justice but it d give you a good idea. It s a complex purple with pearl and metallics, my digital camera just can t take it haha . turns out blue on all pics all the time.
I wanted to keep it personal and a tribute but not a cliche nor a gallery of graphics with no meaning. It s not about bling and showing off your own skill but make something that he will relate to and hopefully love. I decided to go crazy on the complicated and super accurate and delicate masking ( See how thin the POW MIA Is or trims ) keeping the overall look somewhat not too extravagant and flashy. I wanted the car to pop, not me, i want people to think wow what a cool lid not wow what a show off painter hehe .
Not sure if that makes any sens ... too much lacquer fumes.
The guy is coming back from Camp lejune, his unit patch is on the trunk, all painted and i wanted an enamel / metal feel to it with the gold trims. USMC on the roof, his SGT Rank behind the block ( note the two minuscule rifles :)
Then around the block is the shape of the patch , spear tip shape with a gold trim and the POW MIA Ghosted in darker .
Tribal flames in transparent / ghost darker purple and Semper Fidelis moto on each side in a custom made font unique to the car between tribal and gothic letters.
Semper Fi is painted with several Spazstix candy and then backed in mirror chrome to have a really deep metallic effect and a gradient from almost copper gold to light gold.
All windows trims and bumpers painted in mirro chrome.
Hope you all like it and hope he will. He always wanted a purple metallic cuda full size so :) I can t wait for him to have it .
Cuda-Marine-DOne.jpg

Cuda-Marine-DOne2.jpg

Cuda-Marine-Semper-Fi.jpg

Cuda-Marine-top.jpg

I d try and take more pics tomorrow in the sun again with the stickers and the blower on and the windows tinted.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back