Maintenance

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobbd

Hello guys , does anyone do this..Hpi manual says after every 10 tanks of fuel (nitro) to run fuel tank and lines dry then remove glow plug and add several drops of after run oil and crank the engine to turn over to spread oil .. I thought we only did this when you stored your RC for long periods, is it necessary if your going to bash for a couple more months ?

Not sure if this is a "thing" or if I was doing it too much but heres what I did:

I used to run a nitro savage for a long time. went through many engine upgrades cause I seem to have an impulse buying problem.

I'd say I used the truck once a week, twice if I had a free day and such. A session for me ran around an hour. Can't remember how many tanks on average I'd go through on a single session but it was definitely more than 2.

After one of these sessions I'd drop two or three drops of a.r.o into the carbie when it was still warm (not hot!) and gave the engine a couple cranks. Then I'd put it to bed for the week or until I had free time for another run.

I have never had an engine die on me that I have bought myself - only engine that died on me was the one that was in the rig when I bought it 2nd hand.

I would do it if it was going to sit more than a week or so. Otherwise I didn't bother.

I'd say I used the truck once a week, twice if I had a free day and such. A session for me ran around an hour. Can't remember how many tanks on average I'd go through on a single session but it was definitely more than 2.

Running my 21Tm revo for about an hour goes through 500cc's of fuel. My last run was at a large grass bmx, so I ran it pretty much non-stop for a solid hour, then switched over to my outcast for 40 minutes.

I always take 2 500cc filler bottles with me, but usually I break something or people show up before I make it to my second bottle. The LRP30 in my savage doesn't take nearly as long to burn through a bottle.

I consider it a very good nitro day bashing on my own if I actually dip into my 2nd 500cc bottle!

Latest posts

Members online

Back