Made a ramp!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TripleSix

U run nitro? I'm sorry.
Got bored and nothing but time, so I made this.

100_0676.jpg

100_0678.jpg

Used these large eye bolts so I can unfold the legs and tighten them down by hand so they don't move.
100_0679.jpg

5 gallon bucket for size comparison. Its about 2 1/2 foot tall
100_0680.jpg

Folds up and lays down nice to throw in the back of the truck.
100_0681.jpg

Very creative with the sign LOL ..

Got the sign from work. Working on the tollway last year and tore all the old ones out and were throwing them all away. Got a few different ones. Worked well because, hard to tell, but it has a little curve to it instead of just flat. Kinda tricky to curve 7/8 plywood. Plus its much lighter.

Got the sign from work. Working on the tollway last year and tore all the old ones out and were throwing them all away. Got a few different ones. Worked well because, hard to tell, but it has a little curve to it instead of just flat. Kinda tricky to curve 7/8 plywood. Plus its much lighter.

LOL my brother "borrows" them from the pole HAHA
But yeah the only way you could bend the plywood is to soak it in hot water and place it in a jig over night to cure with the bend...

LOL my brother "borrows" them from the pole HAHA
But yeah the only way you could bend the plywood is to soak it in hot water and place it in a jig over night to cure with the bend...

You can also make relief cuts on the backside about every inch or so. Like I said this was just easier and lighter. Still heavy enough that it doesn't move around. But easy enough for me to just toss in the truck.

I used to have a huge sign that said "Restricted Police Training Area" that I got at a white elephant gist exchange or whatever you call it LOL. I got rid of it already but this makes me wish I had it still. I'm sure it's not hard to find some regular sheet metal though.

Nice idea for the sign. Not thread jacking but helpin others. Here's the thread I started for a portable and foldable ramp.

https://www.hpisavageforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6246

I've got a list of members waitin for templates, but the one/ones I have got misplaced or lost and I need to make another. Either that, or they are somewhere in the garage mess that I haven't had a chance to get organized yet. I've also got another idea and design I'm gonna work on too.

Pretty nice lil project you did. Definately will fling a savy pretty good. To bend plywood. You rip through the layers with a circular saw but not through the last layer. Do cuts about every 6 inches. It alows it to bend with out snapping. No water to warp it as it dries. Works great. Used to build half pipes and quarter pipes way back. That was how I did the base of the ramp then would reface it with masonnite. Like the skins on your quad to who they by?

Thanks for all the kind words. Starting work finally tomorrow, 80 miles away and 12hr days, 6 days a week. Not much time to put it to use, but I'll try!

Pretty nice lil project you did. Definately will fling a savy pretty good. To bend plywood. You rip through the layers with a circular saw but not through the last layer. Do cuts about every 6 inches. It alows it to bend with out snapping. No water to warp it as it dries. Works great. Used to build half pipes and quarter pipes way back. That was how I did the base of the ramp then would reface it with masonnite. Like the skins on your quad to who they by?

The graphics are from invision artworks.com. They got some nice stuff.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back