lst body?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FallOut

anyone tried running a body for an lst, because i found a body thats only made for it that got me thinking. if anyone has, post pics if you want and if it takes more than reaming different body post mount holes, do tell.

much obliged,

kyle

All MT 1:8 bodies and even some 1:10 bodies will work. It all depends on where you put the mounting holes.

lst bodies are reaaaallly wide. If you have an extended chassis It will fit length wise but if you have stock tvp's they're too long

The LST body is just a little long for a stock length Savage but it does work. I run one, its the CP 2.0

000_1109.jpg

hey oregon...how you like those GS rims? you should dye them blue...they take the dye really well...the colors come out really nice...just use liquid Rit dye...I dyed mine crimson red, and they are awesome...blood red looking...

Like mentioned above the LST bodys fit the Extended chassis a bit better. They will be to long for a stock lenght truck. Here are a few picts of my truck with a Chevy Silvarado LST/MGT body and a Extended chassis.
painting028.jpg

painting027.jpg

painting029.jpg

hey oregon...how you like those GS rims? you should dye them blue...they take the dye really well...the colors come out really nice...just use liquid Rit dye...I dyed mine crimson red, and they are awesome...blood red looking...

I like the rims. I got them used and one of the foams is broken in them or just caked with mud on one side so I do need to boil the tires off. Maybe I will try dying them while I'm at it. Thanks for the tip.

thanks for the replies, i hope i wont need the extended tvp's. i was planning on doing a little something with the monster baja body, and fit looked like a possible issue, so if anyone (and i'm aware this isnt likely) runs or has tried a monster baja body, please reply.

mucho gracias,

kyle

Do the extended tvp's make the savage X as long as the XL?

i like the lst body on my stocker
the first is an 80 chevy (PRO324800) lst size on my savage 25 stock length
second is hpi's ram on and savage 25
third (pretty hard to see the length) but it prolines 72 chevy savage size on a savage x

DSCN0123.jpg

rear shot of the lst size '80
DSCN0121.jpg

rear of the savage size '72
DSCN0120.jpg

Do the extended tvp's make the savage X as long as the XL?

i hope someone corrects me if i'm wrong, it's been awhile since i was researching stretch kits. but the xl was something like 2 1/4 longer than stock and the flm ext plates gave you about 1 3/4. like i said i've slept alot since then:thinking:

ok, flm's ext chassis plates claim 40mm longer which is right at 1 9/16 longer and hpi's xl claims 55mm longer which is right at 2 5/32 longer.

anyone tried running a body for an lst, because i found a body thats only made for it that got me thinking. if anyone has, post pics if you want and if it takes more than reaming different body post mount holes, do tell.

much obliged,

kyle

Hi Kyle; i have flm ext tvps & an lst truck body that i had to trim a little bit to fit right..see here
2ls8kf7.jpg

i looked (on line) at a couple of bodies that i liked & got the measurements & compared that to my chassis length. luckily for me the LHS is close by so i went down there and held up the bodies to the chassis to see how they would fit. I would recommend measuring the length of your existing body and then checking out the measurements of the body that you are looking at. most on line retailers list the dimensions on their site...hope this helps

much obliged,

kyle

Hi Kyle; i have flm ext tvps & an lst truck body that i had to trim a little bit to fit right..see here
2ls8kf7.jpg

i looked (on line) at a couple of bodies that i liked & got the measurements & compared that to my chassis length. luckily for me the LHS is close by so i went down there and held up the bodies to the chassis to see how they would fit. I would recommend measuring the length of your existing body and then checking out the measurements of the body that you are looking at. most on line retailers list the dimensions on their site...hope this helps

Latest posts

Members online

Back