Lrp zr30x motor tuning issues!!! Please help what is the REAL stock settings

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jneusavyxl

I have a LRP zr30x motor and yesterday i couldn't even get it to accelerate at all without it dying on me. Then it wouldn't stay running on an idle unless i had the glow starter installed. Now I'm using byrons 30% 16% caster and got a a little bit of crappy run time today i just cant seem to find a descent setting with this LRP motor! I seen on another forum that the stock needle setting where way off per LRP engine manual and that's rt where I'm at with it so if you have any any advice or knowledge regarding this particular motor please help. I caught just a glimpse of what this thing can do and it never performed like it again. Please help..
Thanks! Josh

My LRP 30's carb is set right now with these approximate settings: high speed needle screw flush, low speed needle 3 1/2 turns out with idle gap .9mm.
If this helps you it is a miracle and great!! Truth is there are so many variables and only with patience and trial and error can the settings be found.

My LRP 30's carb is set right now with these approximate settings: high speed needle screw flush, low speed needle 3 1/2 turns out with idle gap .9mm.
If this helps you it is a miracle and great!! Truth is there are so many variables and only with patience and trial and error can the settings be found.
Awesome! Thanks for the help i will try it out when i get home. What kind of fuel percentage and plug?

Byron 20% nitro 12% oil with LRP R5 glow plug.

You're welcome. Hang in there and good luck!!

I have an lrpzr30x motor and yesterday i couldnt even get it to accelerate at all without it dieing on me. Then it wouldnt stay running on an idle unless i had the glow starter installed. Now I'm using byrons 30% 16% caster and got a alittle bit of crappy run time today i just cant seem to find a descent setting with this lrp motor! I seen on another forum that the stock needle setting where way off per lrp engine manuel and thats rt where I'm at with it so if you have any any advice or knowledge regarding this particular motor please help. I caught just a glimpse of what this thing can do and it never performed like it again. Please help..
Thanks! Josh

The stock settings are there only for base settings. You should always adjust the HSN a bit so that it will stay running. Then as you get through break in, then you can start adjust both the HSN and LSN for power.

Just ran a couple consecutive tanks through lrp 30. It's set as rich as I can reasonably get it as usual but to combat over heat vapor lock I sprayed the carburetor and head with water from a squirt bottle as needed. A bit of a hassle but it worked like a charm ;)

Just ran a couple consecutive tanks through lrp 30. It's set as rich as I can reasonably get it as usual but to combat over heat vapor lock I sprayed the carburetor and head with water from a squirt bottle as needed. A bit of a hassle but it worked like a charm ;)

That's as good as I've heard for allowing an engine to size itself. aka break n

I got one of those LRP's. It's 1 of only a few zingers I've not owned or tried thanks to a friend of mine ...Doc

Will answer any callout with my piccos in the meantime

I have a LRP zr30x motor and yesterday i couldn't even get it to accelerate at all without it dying on me. Then it wouldn't stay running on an idle unless i had the glow starter installed. Now I'm using byrons 30% 16% caster and got a a little bit of crappy run time today i just cant seem to find a descent setting with this LRP motor! I seen on another forum that the stock needle setting where way off per LRP engine manual and that's rt where I'm at with it so if you have any any advice or knowledge regarding this particular motor please help. I caught just a glimpse of what this thing can do and it never performed like it again. Please help..
Thanks! Josh
Have you fixed it??

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back