lrp 32 spec 2 vs force 32 vs dynamite big red 28

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pelicanprentice

I'm sorry for all the threads, i just am so stuck in engines.

I want to purchase a used engine that is more powerful my current F 4.6 is not powerful enough for thick grass I have already lowered the gearing and I want to upgrade.

I want to purchase a used engine because I don't have time to go through a full Breakin I just trust somebody else break in more than mine , I know there is risks with this i am okay with taking the risk. So it does not seem like I can find that many .28 engines or .32 engines in my price range. currently I found a force 32 , LRP 32 spec 2, and I am assuming I will be able to find a dynamite Big Red for a similar engine a lrp 28 spec 3 if i wait. my truck is a stock Savage X and I have a dilemma , I am interested in getting a 28 it sounds like it should have enough power but I'm scared that maybe he won't have the amount of power I want for this thick grass , if I get .32 then it will have the most power I can put in my Savage X however afraid that it will either have too much power that i end up breaking stuff in my Savage or it will just be a gas guzzler and I won't really like it or it will have not high enough revs for my liking. i know i will have to upgrade broken parts one day but i am just hoping i can atleast enjoy it for atleast a gallon or something before something breaks etc.

currently my savage doesnt wheelie and I'm not sure if its due to the tune or of its because I'm running in thick thick grass. i like when my truck is planted, i want it to have tons of acceleration and power. so if i get too powerful of an engine, i also don't want it to turn into a wheelie monster because that just defeats the purpose of me finding a better engine for my thick grass obsesseion.

I'm stuck between those engines above.

So what do you think I should do in this scenario?

thanks!

Cut the grass or find somewhere else. Constant uncontrollable wheelies arent always fun and can get boring. If you search for lrp 28 vs 30 or 32 you will get many opinions. My opinion is 28 spec 3 or equivalent port no, as where I run it has controllable wheelies, smooth power delivery and good top rpm. Some bigger engines will just consume more fuel without any significant difference in performance.

Cut the grass or find somewhere else. Constant uncontrollable wheelies arent always fun and can get boring. If you search for lrp 28 vs 30 or 32 you will get many opinions. My opinion is 28 spec 3 or equivalent port no, as where I run it has controllable wheelies, smooth power delivery and good top rpm. Some bigger engines will just consume more fuel without any significant difference in performance.
oh yes i tbh hate wheelies, i love this place because its 5 mins from my house and massive, so i can do long distance rips. i just hope the upgraded engine doesnt turn into a wheelie machine on this terrain

Just a quick question, have you checked your clutch shoes and bell?
If the shoes are worn its going to lose power and wont wheelie at all.

Now if they are worn and you want to replace these parts i suggest you do that first before purchasing a new or used engine.

Force engines start setup is a no for me. The little pin and spring is under-engineered and difficult to work with. I have a LRP .28 spec 4 and really like the smooth power delivery. I also am now putting ceramic bearings in all my new engines. The power delivery is more linear, and extra rpm's is a plus. Another one of my trucks has a Nova 8port and I really like that engine but right now there don't seem to be any available.

I have the Dynamite big red I my XL and it does a great job . Tough to get it to do wheelies thought Long truck . Needs low gears for that .

Latest posts

Members online

Back