LRP 30 spec 2 parts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Juarezd

Hey guys I’ve been gone for a while and decided to pull the savage out and go through it to start using it again. I hadn’t used it in a few years and couldn’t remember if I had used after run oil so I figured what the hell I’ll take the head off. One of the screws was stripped and I used a reverse thread bit to try and get it back out. I should’ve put the motor in the vise but held it and it twisted out of my hand and the tip of the bit broke on tue screw head. So I put it in the vice and used a smaller bit to try and back it out. The bit moved off the bolt and I didn’t realized it and and ended up drilling through the fire box. I also drilled about 1/8 inch in between the crankcase and piston sleeve. I thought about buying a new sleeve and fire box but can’t find them anywhere. Does anyone know of off brand parts that fit? Yes I know it was a stupid and careless mistake. I was in a hurry and got irritated when the first bit broke so I wasn’t thinking right and went full speed on the drill.

You will probably be better getting a new engine as finding parts is hard these days. I believe the following brands are very similar and you should be able to swap parts for same engine size nosram/lrp/xtm/mach/SH.
I have swapped parts between lrp/nosram/sh. You can fit a spec 3 piston/sleeve as it is only the no of ports in the sleeve that is different.

You will probably be better getting a new engine as finding parts is hard these days. I believe the following brands are very similar and you should be able to swap parts for same engine size nosram/lrp/xtm/mach/SH.
I have swapped parts between lrp/nosram/sh. You can fit a spec 3 piston/sleeve as it is only the no of ports in the sleeve that is different.
Yea I kinda figured it would be better going new. It just seems like everything is out of stock. I found the LRP spec 4 motors but I’ve seen a lot complains on the .32. I was told LRP was releasing a spec 4.1 that fixed the carb but no one knows when. I guess I’ll look into the brands you mention see if I can find them reasonable priced. If not I guess I can wait a bit longer. I haven’t used the truck in over 2-3 years maybe more what’s a few more months. Thanks

Latest posts

Members online

Back