Lower C/G

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dannyboy

Hello friend's
I would like to lower my savage x4.6, and i would like some input
on how to achieve a ride height of a racing truggy.

You can put hard plastic inserts in the shocks under the pistons to limit travel... fuel tubing will work for awhile but it is not ideal..... or install shorter shocks... but I have to ask why because the savage is essentially a monster truck and will need the suspension travel when you jump.... and with the weight up high with the :ercm: and tank it will still not be as stable as a dedicated truggy type rig will.....

I agree jam, the Savage needs that travel! I messed around a bit with spacer collars and took out the secondary springs from my big bores to still allow full suspension travel but the trucks A-arms sit about level across when compressed then released and I lowered the body all the way down. Gives it a pretty sleek appearance like long and low (I have XL TVP's on it also). I'll try and get some pics posted up to show you tonight.

I agree jam, the Savage needs that travel! I messed around a bit with spacer collars and took out the secondary springs from my big bores to still allow full suspension travel but the trucks A-arms sit about level across when compressed then released and I lowered the body all the way down. Gives it a pretty sleek appearance like long and low (I have XL TVP's on it also). I'll try and get some pics posted up to show you tonight.

Thanks for that advice. I'd love to see some pictures of your rig. What I'm trying to achieve is a more stable, more sleeker stance. I still have original x 4.6 rims and tires on my truck. I would like to see what my options are for rim&tire combinations.
I do Alot of on road running as well some off road. "Urban Racing" for lack of a better word. Manufacture and part suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks again.

Thanks jam. Could you suggest a good performance shock I could go with on my savage x 4.6?
I do a lot of urban type of driving, meaning on road and off road kind of thing.
I've put a lot of time into drivetrain and gearing. Now it's time for suspension setup. Wheels tires ect...
Thanks for your help.

I am using Integy Shock bodies with all the HPI Big Bore internals on my savage... as for wheels and tires most any of the popular wheels with 17mm hexes will work well as for tires there are many to choose from out on the web... the stock wheels are 3.2 diameter so any of the RPM wheels will fit without trouble......

Check Jennys RC sport on e bay, they strip savages and sell off parts all the time....

Latest posts

Members online

Back