Losi LST

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jay2006

so get mad at me everybody...but i found a great deal on a Losi LST nitro. its in brand new condition has the box paperwork and everything.origional owner too.before buying my mgt i actually wanted an LST but they was too much money. this one is the original LST with the mach .26 engine.it has dual steering servos, 4 forward gears with reverse. what i really want is the LST XXL with the mach 454 engine but i cant find any in brand new condition. so I'm picking this truck up tomorrow morning. I'm probly going to sell my mgt because my wife said she dosnt see how i need a new savage x, mgt 8.0, and the LST..ontop of the 20 otherrc trucks in my collection. i was thinking it would be sweet to own all 3 of the 1/8th scale monster trucks lol..but my wife sees it a little diffrently. so with that being said i think its a decent trade off. yeah i know the LST isnt going to have near the power the mgt has..and its not 5 months old like the MGT. but i can throw another LRP zr32 engine in that thing and it will be a ripper for sure!! lol any thoughts out there?

Attachments

• lst.png
    lst.png
    697.5 KB · Views: 2
  • lst2.png
    lst2.png
    1,022.6 KB · Views: 2
My Kid has an LST also... his is the 1st gen rig with the xxl plates put on after he ran it some... it has always been a 1 run wonder... it will break axles at the drop of a hat... still has the Mach .26 :ercm: installed... in all the years he has had it I have not been too impressed... the shiftable hi low trans acts up so it was made fwd only and in hi gear only like the aftershocks are, all in all not too awfully impressed.....

well its a good thing i have a savage too then huh?lol i always liked the LST.expecially the XXL version.but ive never actually got the opertunity to see one run in person, only youtube videos.ill let you guys know how it goes over the weekend.

My Buddy has an MGT, I used to whoop all over him with my smallblock Tamiya Terra Crusher... I do admit tho the MGT does take a licking and keep on ticking.... as for the losi see my comments above :)

so i decided to put a new engine in the LST because its been sitting for 5 years with no after run oil in it. the main bearings felt a little sticky and thats just how i like to do things. i think i made a huge mistake by going with the dynamite .28 engine. AKA "big red" i know i shouldve went with the LRP 28 spec 3 (losi 454 rebadged) but i kinda wanted this truck to be "brand uniformed" anyone have any opinions on the big red engine? do you guys think this truck is going to be way underpowered? i also bought a brand new fuel tank, fly wheel and LST alumninum clutch shoes since all the LST parts are 50% off at my LHS. and a rechargable RX pack.I'm starting to think i shouldve went with a diffrent engine.i hope this engine does okay. i don't want it to be like my savage...WAY OVER POWERED! plus i don't want to be stripping gears all the time because of too much power. does anyone have any experience with the big red? did i make a foolish choice?? thanks guys.heres some more picsBR.jpg BG2.jpg

you will be alright.
I don't own 2 of any motor. i like to have options
i currently have a picco p3 and a novarossi 27-rt sitting idly while there is a OS30Vg and a Lrp .32 being run

you will be alright.
I don't own 2 of any motor. i like to have options
i currently have a picco p3 and a novarossi 27-rt sitting idly while there is a OS30Vg and a Lrp .32 being run
what do you think about the dynamite mach 2 .28 big red engine? do you think its going to have enough power to tote that huge LST around? I'm thinking i shouldve went with the LOSI 454 or the LRP28

I put it in my FLM shelf Queen and has been a long time since i bought it( 3 or 4 years now) but I did take the time to brake the motor in before i retired it. i think it may have a half gallon through it. it always seemed to start and was easy to tune. my only issue was the combo pull/spin start. never could keep a cord in the pullstart part and as a matter of fact, i had the motor out of the truck last month and replaced it once again

Attachments

• IMG_0117.JPG
    IMG_0117.JPG
    376.1 KB · Views: 1
I put it in my FLM shelf Queen and has been a long time since i bought it( 3 or 4 years now) but I did take the time to brake the motor in before i retired it. i think it may have a half gallon through it. it always seemed to start and was easy to tune. my only issue was the combo pull/spin start. never could keep a cord in the pullstart part and as a matter of fact, i had the motor out of the truck last month and replaced it once again
yeah thats pretty sweet man. i kinda wish i wouldve went with the losi 454 or the LRP 28 spec 3. but stupid me went with the big red and i have been doubting it the whole time.even when i was installing it all i could think was..."man i hope this engine has the power to make this big truck pull wheelies and move fairly quick!" it sucks because I'm still waiting for decent weather to fire it up and try it out. i know the manager at my LHS we are good friends i supose i could take it back and order an LRP28.but he told me he cant get the 28 anymore just the 30 and 32. I'm seriously thinking this big red engine is gonna be a total slug. and wont even get out of its own way.lol as for the 454 there like $200 on ebay.i refuse to pay that for a rebadged RTR engine.

yeah thats pretty sweet man. i kinda wish i wouldve went with the losi 454 or the LRP 28 spec 3. but stupid me went with the big red and i have been doubting it the whole time.even when i was installing it all i could think was..."man i hope this engine has the power to make this big truck pull wheelies and move fairly quick!" it sucks because I'm still waiting for decent weather to fire it up and try it out. i know the manager at my LHS we are good friends i supose i could take it back and order an LRP28.but he told me he cant get the 28 anymore just the 30 and 32. I'm seriously thinking this big red engine is gonna be a total slug. and wont even get out of its own way.lol as for the 454 there like $200 on ebay.i refuse to pay that for a rebadged RTR engine.
The big red is almost udentical. The 454 hss two extra tiny transfer ports. Power is the same. I have one as welk as a 454 and spec3

i really cant imagine any .28 engine being a slug in a savage
Even the F46 will wheelie on demand when tuned
I'm guessing its hard to tell the diference in such miniscule amounts of horsepower and torgue

i really cant imagine any .28 engine being a slug in a savage
Even the F46 will wheelie on demand when tuned
I'm guessing its hard to tell the diference in such miniscule amounts of horsepower and torgue

Every motor has its own driving characteristics. It may not be so blatant of a difference, but things like where in the RPM range you make good power, or RPM range can make a hell of a difference.

well..well soon find out! my LST had a .26 in it box stock rated at 2.75. now i have the .28 in it. so its gotta move quicker than stock form. if i don't think its strong enough ill just buy another LRP32. or that novarossi legend 28-8 everyones talking abbout

Just remember the lst is about 2 or 3 pounds heavier and geared lower than your savage.
Theres a foward only conversion with gear flip and xxl brushless pinion ans high speed two speed gears. After all of that its about the same as a savage

Just remember the lst is about 2 or 3 pounds heavier and geared lower than your savage.
Theres a foward only conversion with gear flip and xxl brushless pinion ans high speed two speed gears. After all of that its about the same as a savage[/QUOi ran the LST for the first time yesterday beings it was 60 degrees out. pull starter broke first 3 pulls!! no joke..but i expected that. so i pulled the rope and guts outa it and used the spin start. it fired right up but wouldnt do anything but idle..so i had to lean the high end 2 hours and low end 2 hours then it would atleast move without stalling. it was still spitting out fuel out the exhaust..so i ran it like that just putting it around doing figure eights down my street.i ran 3 tanks total. I'm happy with how well it runs even though i havnt started to tune it for performance yet. does anyone know what needles are going to be at when tuned for performance? approx setting?

Theres a foward only conversion with gear flip and xxl brushless pinion ans high speed two speed gears. After all of that its about the same as a savage
also..i know they make a forward only kit.it also takes away the low speed gear..but does that really make a huge diffrence thats actually noticeable? also what is the "gear flip mod" i been hearing about?

also..i know they make a forward only kit.it also takes away the low speed gear..but does that really make a huge diffrence thats actually noticeable? also what is the "gear flip mod" i been hearing about?
Yes it does esp with xxl brushless gears.
I dobt have the part numbers off hand.

Gear flio mod is simply flipping the two gears in the foward only kit. A little dremel work to the case is required.

Latest posts

Members online

Back