Looking to build a Crawler!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

$avage$

Hey people I'm new to the Crawler scene as far as RC is concerned. I've owned some real life trucks but am looking to buy/build an RC Rock Crawler in the very near future. I don't know much about it & was wondering if you guys could give me some suggestions & maybe point me in the right direction. I've owned/built HPI Savage trucks mainly so far. I know it should be electric & that's fine but I'm more looking in what I need to build one. Any tips you can give me is much appreciated.

The biggest tip either myself or anyone else can give you is to go check out http://www.rccrawler.com
Look for a man by the name of Dirk Diggler/Dirk Digglar. Don't remember which way it was spelled. He's a cool guy and was a member here for the longest time. He was one of the first to convert the Savage 21 to a full out crawler, I believe he called it Slither. Then he eventually turned it into an electric, only good way to go. He knows his stuff as well as many of their productive members do. Cool guys and a no B.S. kinda crowd. I'd look into doing a clod style crawler as an entry level truck. Let us know how it turns out and post up some pics. I'll throw some up later of a tuber chasis I'm working on. Best of Luck!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back