Looking for a store nearby.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Juarezd

Hi hope I'm posting in the right spot. I live in Kermit tx. I found 2 stores in Odessa Tx. Pepper hobbies looks to be closed down for Good. The other one called variety hobbys seems over priced. I paid 86 dollars for a gallon of odonells race fuel. I know I got ripped off but needed the fuel. Does anyone near by know where I can get fuel and parts in the area?

Wow. They really got you buy the balls there. You can get it shipped, but it's not overly cheap. Still, cheaper than $80 a gallon. I priced out amain's shipping recently. They charge $30 to ship and $30 for hazmat fees for a 4 gallon case, roughly $170 ($42.50 per gallon). I almost ordered... but instead, I drove an hour to get 2 gallons of fuel from a brand I didn't want for $30 a gallon.

Yea I really wanted the fuel so I can use my truck. Where do u recommend I order fuel from online. I honestly wouldn't mind driving an hour or two if I knew there was a store for sure.

Sorry, I can't say. The only reason I was looking was because the best hobby shop I have closed it's doors after 30+ years of business. They always had byrons 20%/30% on the shelf, so I never thought about it. I'd go in, buy a couple gallons, mix them so I had closer to 25% and run. I only burn 4-5 gallons a year and I'd stop there every other week to pick up spare parts or things to replace broken parts. I tried keeping some of my $ at that place, but I guess it wasn't enough.

It was about 30 minutes from where I work (which was an hour away), so I'd stop there after work to drool on the new stuff and to get my necessities.

My LHS (an hour and half away) gets my sidewinder from horizon hobby. I get my supply every spring and use it up during our bash sessions....

Yea I had been to pepper hobbies in Odessa a few years back. I went by Thursday and there doors where closed and the store looked empty. I bought my truck from tower hobbies I might give them a try since I got the membership for free shipping on orders over 99. Hey jam by any chance are you in west Texas?

Oh ok I had a friend from back in high school that had a few nitro trucks. Might give him a call and see if he had a lhs or if he ordered online.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back