Looking for 11x123mm dog bone in silver/titanium/chrome

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Atarioldskool

hi all

looking for a driveshaft / dog bone for the front and back on my savage XL

This part I am really finding it difficult to find it in either titanium, silver or chrome in 11x123mm size
Why is this ?
Are you guys able to help me where I can buy some?
Or know any other brands that would fit onto Savage XL?
I have found a few (example) traxxas,Losi and a few others but they do not mention sizes - just wondering if anyone had tried other brands on their savage and that had worked?

I can find plenty of 9x123mm size in chrome, silver
Anyone know if this size would fit and work properly on the savage XL ?

I’m in the uk guys

Best off sticking with the genuine HPI parts and no I don't think the 9mm will fit in the drive cup correctly it is gonna be loose and likely will damage the driveshaft.....

Best off sticking with the genuine HPI parts and no I don't think the 9mm will fit in the drive cup correctly it is gonna be loose and likely will damage the driveshaft.....

But it needs to be silver ?
I’m basically building it back up again and certain parts has to be certain colours

Do you or anyone know if the standard hpi stock part 86246 if I could potentially strip the black paint off ? And is it chrome / silver underneath ?

I’m not very good at painting / spraying so don’t really want to be doing that

But it needs to be silver ?
I’m basically building it back up again and certain parts has to be certain colours

Do you or anyone know if the standard hpi stock part 86246 if I could potentially strip the black paint off ? And is it chrome / silver underneath ?

I’m not very good at painting / spraying so don’t really want to be doing that

I just don't get this "it has to be a certain color" stuff, it is a drive axle and will not be visible unless the rig is upside down, and no the black oxide color is just that a coating to resist rust and corrosion...
FastLane Machine and a few others offer the drives in silver color at times, you will have to either send a message or wait for the next run of parts to get your parts in your choice of color

I can see having alloy bits be the same color but the drives not so much......
good Luck in your search for the exact thing you want in the color of your choice....

Supplier in your part of the world
Hobbylinna.fi shows HPI
" SUPERHEAVY DUTY DRIVE SHAFTS 11 x 123 mm "

Here's a pic

Attachments

• hpi-racing-86388-dogbone-9x122mm-2pcs-01e9e679d6b442729946507c745e0ced.jpg
    hpi-racing-86388-dogbone-9x122mm-2pcs-01e9e679d6b442729946507c745e0ced.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 7
I just don't get this "it has to be a certain color" stuff, it is a drive axle and will not be visible unless the rig is upside down, and no the black oxide color is just that a coating to resist rust and corrosion...
FastLane Machine and a few others offer the drives in silver color at times, you will have to either send a message or wait for the next run of parts to get your parts in your choice of color

I can see having alloy bits be the same color but the drives not so much......
good Luck in your search for the exact thing you want in the color of your choice....

Hi Jam

This is the part I am referring to see picture
According to the manuals that part numbers refers to it as a dog bone - some sites refer to it as driveshaft or even swing arm ??
It’s the rod that goes to the wheel and into gear box ?? If that’s the correct name

If it the correct part then yes it can be seen from the front and also from the top,
I want that black and chrome look from the arms ☺️
0164C315-83BE-437F-8E2D-50736962853C.jpeg

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=HPI+86246&_sacat=0

Both terms are accurate and I do know what they are for , by my searches they appear to be black in color, I suppose one could spray them with some silver paint , but I still question why, but that is your thing and I prefer to just have mine whatever color they come in and be happy that they work as intended....

the link I posted does seem to show them in black oxide only so you may be stuck with painting them or just having a black on black theme going on.......

SORRY wrong country, (it's not America) SORRY wrong part, glad it's shiny enough , SORRY won't try and help anymore ?.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back